chapter ten

SADIQ

Nothing about her had changed really. She was still as beautiful as she was, her skin still glowed and her eyes still held that burning fire that had trapped me years ago.

''Sadiq, this is Raina,'' Aaliyah spoke, pulling me out of my trance.

''it's nice to finally meet you. Sorry I couldn't be at your wedding, but I'm here now,'' Raina said in a squeaky overly excited tone while flashing her signature smile, one which I remember way too clearly. I hated the sound of her voice, and even more, I hated that life had found a way of making her re appear in my life.

Aaliyah tugged my arm and I realised that they were both waiting for me to say something, but I couldn't. what was I supposed to say or do? Pretend not to know who she was? Say that it was nice to meet her? Because it certainly wasn't, or was I supposed to tell Aaliyah that her so called Ree was also my first love?

Apparently God was on my side for maybe the first time, Aaliyah's phone rang at that precise moment, after which she announced that she had to rush to class immediately. I was thankful because I had little time to think, frustrated because I was going to have to face a nightmare, Raina.

''what are you doing here?'' I turned to Raina as soon as Aaliyah was out the door''

She was seated on the chair, legs crossed, eyebrow raised and lips pulled into a seductive smile. They was something seriously off with her. She was trying to get into my head or maybe I was the one in my head.

''I'm happy to see you too Sadiq,'' she said, sarcasm dripping off her voice.

''what are you doing here?''I repeated through gritted teeth, desperately trying to keep calm.

''I'm here because I have work here in Abuja and my generous friend and her husband are letting me stay in their home for a few days,'' she said intertwining her fingers, her smile never leaving her face.

''maybe I was over reacting, I thought. It had been years and she had to have moved on with her life. Maybe it was all a mere coincidence.

'' ok, so you being here is all a coincidence,'' I said trying to re assure myself.

''of course not,'' she suddenly snapped, her face growing serious. She rose from the chair sharply taking two steps closer to me and wrapping my tie around her index finger. ''it's not just a coincidence, I came to Abuja for you,'' her breath grazed my chin as she tilted her head up to look at me.

Dazed, I could do nothing but stare back into her eyes. Stunned and unable to move, I managed to ask, ''what do you mean?''

''what I mean id that work was only just my escuse. I have never stopped loving you and when I found you on facebook , I knew that I'd be crazy not to get you back.''

All that crazy talk was all it took to snap me back to reality, ''you do realise I am married to your friend, don't you?'' I asked taking steps backward.

Ignoring my question, she was standing close to me, with both her hands cupping my face. ''it doesn't matter cos we were meant for each other. I love you, and I know that you'll never love her the way you loved me,'' she whispered, her breath fanning my lips.

Shutting my eyes, I placed my hands on hers and slowly but firmly brought them down, ''I loved you and you betrayed me and now I love Aaliyah. She's the one I love,'' I said through a thin veil of anger. She flinched a little as if the words had physically hurt her, then she raised her hands up to cup my face again. ''leave my house,'' I demanded before walking away.

''she'll be leaving not me,'' she yelled behind me, ''I love you.''

Crazy bitch.

Special POV- RAINA

I knew that he was still in love with me. He was just a little bit confused and I was going to help him figure it out, even if it meant getting rid of that bitch Aaliyah.

He was always mine and she knew that before she stole him away from me, and how dare her pretend not to know. I was going to take back what was mine. He will always be mine.

''careful Ree,'' Aaliyahs hands landed on mine, pulling me out of my thoughts, ''you don't want to chop those hands off along with those carrots,'' she smiled and all I wanted to chop off at that moment was her face, but I managed to force a laugh out.

''so when is the wedding Ree?'' she nudged my arm and winked as she stirred the soup on the burner.

''what wedding?''

''your's of course''

''soon bitch,'' I wanted to say but I couldn't. '' I would need a groom to be a bride. Enough about me, when are we expecting little Sadiq or Aaliyah?"

She laughed awkwardly and fumbled with the spoon, ''soon,'' she replied.

I could feel the tension rise in the room. I could always tell when she was lying, and she was lying. Was she barren?

''well I can't wait,'' I mustered up fake excitement. The look on her face was to die for, she looked like she was ready to be devoured by the world. I could have enjoyed the sight for longer if it wasn't for my damned phone.

''excuse me,'' I said before rushing to my phone.

''have you taken your drugs?'' an annoying too familiar voice said from the other side of the phone.

''you're not my mother, dammit,'' I hissed.

''but I'm your doctor and your friend''

''don't call me again until I get back,'' I warned.

''you need to take your medications always Raina, if not..''

I hung up before she could complete her sentence. I didn't need her to call me psychotic again. Science and medicine may have said I was psychotic or mental but I knew I was perfectly fine. I mean I seem fine, don't I ?