Chapter Fourteen

SADIQ

It's been hard not being able to remember the ones i now called my loved. My world was a maze and it is taking everything in me not to loose it. All that i know and believe are all the things i've been told. I know nothing about the adult me, except of course that he had fallen in love right and it still amazes me how that happened because seventeen year old me was an idiot. I was too young too foolish to had seen her, too unworthy to had been loved by a woman like Aaliyah. What amazes me more is how quickly i had fallen in love with Aaliyah, i would say again if only i could remember the first time. They was nothing more i wanted more than to get those memories back.

I was confused and it was driving me crazy. One more thing that was driving me crazy was waiting, and Aaliyah was being a typical woman, making me wait. It was Jamal and Faridah's wedding anniversary and we were about an hour late.

''Any day now, Aaliyah,'' i yell from the front of the door because she had locked me out of the room.

''patience honey,'' she yells back and laughs.

I could picture her throwing her head back and clutching her stomach as she laughed and for a moment i forgot i was waiting, as my lips curl into a subconscious smile, more like a grin though.

''Ok i'm ready,'' the door opens and the most beautiful woman in the world stood in front of me. She wore a beautiful peach coloured dress and her make up was flawless. I get a feelimg of Deja vu and then blurry flashes of the dress on a woman, the woman i was guessing would be no other than Aaliyah.

''Are you okay?'' she leans closer with a frown on her face.

''No i am not okay. i can't take my eyes off you. Help me. you look perfect,''

She blushes and then slips her hand in mine, '' thanks, you don't look too bad yourself,'' she smiles and i simply grin like a lovestruck teenager.

AALIYAH

I honestly couldn't believe how great things had been going, until recently Sadiq had been more worriedd about regaining his lost memories. He wanted to know more, he wanted to remember the beautiful memories he thinks we had.

I knew nothing would last forever, yet i was foolish enough to let myself get too comfortable. I let myself love him, although they was i could have stopped myself. I know that as soon as he recovers his memory, and realises that the contract had ended i'd be out of his life faster than i can say Jet.

''sweetheart,'' Sadiq's voice pulls me out of my trance, before i could turn, i feel his hands around my waist and his chin rest on my shoulder. My body shivers in response and my knees become wobbly.

''mmhm,'' i manage to murmur, my heartbeat overpowering my voice.

''i have good news,'' he says turning me to face him.

''mmhm,'' i murmer again, still not able to speak.

''i spoke to the Doctor this morning. He said i needed to go back to the environment my seventeen year old self remembers, to facilitate my memory recovery. he said they was a very good chance i would recover my momory if i went back''

''That's great,''' i say weakly.

He grins and holds my hand,'' come with me''

''I can't, i have clearance,'' i lie. Truthfully i was just scared and he was so happy. It was about time i stopped being selfish and let go.

''I'd be gone for a week, i can't miss you for that long,'' he pouts like a child.

''Silly, it's just one week. I miss you already but we want what's best for both of us,'' i turn away from him to hide away the tears that were threatening to fall.

''I could wait until after your clearance''

''no you cant. when are you leaving,'' i try to distract myself with cleaning as he trails behind me.

''Tommorrow.''

A tear drops but i wipe it quickly before he could see it. 'Be strong,' i whisper repeatedly.

''i love you,'' he says out of the blue and that was all it took to set the fireworks in my heart. I pause for a second before turning and burying myself in his embrace.

'' i love you so much,'' i whisper behind his ears as i hug him tighter. He Kisses my forehead and repeatedly murmured what sounded like 'i love you's.