Chapter 5

How did I not know who Isaac Grey was all along?

After asking a random girl, named Taylor, if she knows who Isaac Grey was, I confessed to myself that all these years, I've lived under a rock. This is kind of what happened....

I grabbed my books and walked out of AP Science, lost in my thoughts. I bumped into a girl, and muttered a 'sorry'. But as soon as she was about to walk away, I got a hold of her arm, "Wait, hey, hi, my name is Olivia. Do you mind if I ask you something?" I rushed. Her expression turned to normal, as she replied, "Sorry, I'm into guys." I furrowed my eyebrows, "What? No, that's not what I wanted to ask," I said. "It's not?" she asked me, confused. I slowly shook my head, "No.." Her face lifted into a sudden smile, "Oh! Well then, yeah." I breathed out, "Do you know Isaac Grey?" There should've been a label warning me to cover my ears, because I almost went deaf because of her shrieking. "OMG, OMG, ISAAC GREY??? OMG HE'S JUST LIKE, SO HOT! OMG!" I grabbed her arms and tried to calm her down. "Hush, child," I muttered. After her little fangirling moment, she was finally able to answer my question. "Isaac Grey is like, the ultimate bad boy of this school. Literally, almost everyone is scared of him. He gets into fights, smokes, drinks, drives recklessly, causes accidents, and so much trouble. He gets into trouble often and he doesn't even care about it. He's just, not giving a crap about anyone or anything." She said a lot more things about Isaac. For example, that he has caused most of the school's incidents, like breaking in and vandalizing the property, hooking up with different girls every now and then, and going to clubs. "That's funny, I've never seen him with a girl," I commented. "That's because he doesn't do it in his spare time. He spares his time to do it. Where do you think he is when he doesn't show up to class?" Taylor said. That caused me to think. "But," I started, "How is he in AP classes?" She shrugged, "Even though he's trouble, he's very smart."

Before leaving the cafeteria, Taylor and I exchanged numbers. I think we could be good friends, and I think we were already friends. Anyways, according to her, the student population dies over Isaac, and obeys everything he says. I guess it's because he's intimidating. I would know.
People are scared of him. But that doesn't keep the ladies away from him, apparently. I guess girls want him because of how mysterious and powerful he is. And by powerful, I mean the power he has over this school. Taylor had a massive, gigantic crush on him. She also said how every girl thought they could change him, but he never did, because he never let anyone into his life personally. That's where the mysterious part comes in. He's immensely popular, however, and has his own group of friends and I see them almost everyday.

The question is, however, how did I not know him?