Chapter 11

The next day, I woke up, startled, at 8 am. I don't know how my alarm didn't go off, nonetheless, it made me late for school. Very late. I'm usually at school by this time.

I hastily got up and was ready within 10 minutes. I quickly put my hair up in a ponytail, and threw on some comfy clothes. A simple grey t-shirt with sweatpants.

I threw in some makeup products in my school bag in case I felt like looking, at least, presentable later on. With that, I grabbed my keys and headed out.

I was still barely there, walking fast and looking down at my phone to see the time. 8:35 am! I missed homeroom, and the first few minutes of first period. Putting my phone in my pocket, I bumped into someone. Ugh! What is up with me and bumping into everyone.

I looked up to see Isaac getting on his motorcycle. Yes! "Isaac!" I exclaimed, "Are you going to school?" He kept his glare at me. "Will you please, please, please give me a ride? I'm really late," I begged. He broke his glare, shooting an annoyed look, and started his motorcycle. "So will you?" I asked further. He still didn't say anything. "Please!" I urged. Still nothing. "I'm really late, please give me a ride," I tried again. "Isaac-"
"Just shut up!" he yelled, making me flinch back. "Just shut your fucking mouth!" He pinched the bridge of his nose, closing his eyes. "Don't talk to me, don't be near me, don't look at me, and don't even breathe next to me. Don't show me your face, and don't whine to me about being late, because honestly? I don't fucking care what happens to you," he said venomously, in a deadly steady voice, and started his motorcycle again before pulling off.

I hadn't even noticed that I was crying until I felt my tears on my fingertips.

He didn't have to be like this, yet he was. I don't know why he hated me so much, because the truth is, that I was never much of a significance in his life.