|3|

Jasmine
[Day 22, November 14th]

What Is Parisih?

The old lady lowered her shot gun, leaning it on her shoulder and granted me time to study her wrinkled features. She was white, almost translucent like, she had on a camo tshirt with camo sweats. Everything about her screamed crazy old lady, especially her wiry all white locks of hair. But what caught my attention the most was her eyes, while everything about her said elder, her eyes had to be the brightest liveliest and youngest blue eyes I ever seen.

Old Lady: "What are you doing out here, child?" She had a thick accent that I couldn't quite place. Her eyes looked me up and down, taking in the battered clothing and bruises.

Jasmine: "I don't know ma'am, I woke up here in the forest when the plane I was on crashed. I been trying to find a way out ever since." , The woman's eyes widened and she coughed into her twig like hands.

Old Lady: "goodness child, not the plane crash from Florida? ", I nodded, cautious of the woman.

Old Lady: "Jesus child, that plane crash was 3 weeks ago. How have you survived out here so long? None of the wild dogs or snakes got you either, that is a feat. Goodness you are walking with Gods blessing. Come along now, I'll take you to my home and get something in your stomach. I reckon you're in need of a hot bath and food.", The woman started walking in the direction ahead, while I was suspicious, the promise of real food and hot water overtook my caution.

We had been walking a good 20 minutes in silence, when suddenly we came into a clearing. Right in the middle was a all white pine shack of sorts. It had light blue shingles and flowers all around. It was beautiful to me, I always adored any type of wood structures, preferring them over brick or stone. The woman led me inside and guided me to the bathroom, saying she would leave some clothing on the toilet. When I finished showering and dressed in the overly large white tee and baggy camo shorts, I followed my nose to the kitchen.

My mouth watered at the smell and sight of beef stew. We ate in silence, though occasionally the woman would look at me like I was a frightened deer.

Old Lady: "what's your name sweetheart?" The woman asked tenderly.

Jasmine: "It's Jasmine ma'am, thank you for the food and clothes." , I replied and she smiled, her teeth perfectly clean and all there.

Betty: "it's nice to meet you Jasmine, my name is Betty." I asked her where was I.

Betty: "why child, you are on Parisih, a simple kingdom but we want for nothing. The Twin Kings make sure of that.", I could hear the pride in her voice, and thought I must not be to far from London seeing as how there were kings here.

Jasmine: "Ms.Betty, do you know how far until I get to London?" She scrunched up her nose, her eyes looking far away.

Betty: "Sweetie, we are a good long way from London. To get there you would have to charter a boat, and to do that you needs the Kings permission." I sighed and covered my face with my hands. I muttered how was i suppose to get not only one King but two to agree to allow me to use their boat.

Betty: "Now now sweetie, the Kings are good men. If you explain to them what happened, I'm sure they would have no problem helping you. Matter fact I'll be going into the kingdom tomorrow meself to see if the Kings can do something about the poachers around here. You can come with me and ask them about the boat as well.", She patted my shoulder and told me when I was ready, I could sleep on the couch seeing as how that's all she had besides her own bed. A little while later, I sighed as I got up and went to lay down. There was a beautiful multicolored quilt on the couch and a huge white pillow with a silk covering. I laid down and felt the tears fall from my eyes.

I missed my little brother and sister. I wanted to know if they were okay. I cried myself to sleep, grateful to Ms.Betty. I would make sure I thanked her properly. As I drifted off to sleep, I dreamt of a man, with gorgeous chocolate pools for eyes and long twists. It was the first time in weeks I slept so peacefully.

Jasmine
[Day 23, November 15th]

When morning came, I noticed that Ms.Betty had taken the clothes out of my book bag and cleaned them. I put on my black hoodie and black leggings, not even caring about the invasion of my space. She lent me a pair of black sandals with golden straps. We got into her Jeep and drove off towards town. I felt this sinking feeling in my guts that I couldn't shake. I looked at the kingdom of Parisih in the distance and wondered why.

Next Chapter Preview

Jasmine: "Wait, let go of me!", I screamed as the guards grabbed and carried me to the Castle. I heard the chatter of everyone around me saying oh look another one and how lucky. I saw sneers and looks of disgust from nearby women. What the hell was going on. I was pushed into a crowd consisting of absolute beautiful women. What the hell was going on?!