|15|

Walks in the Gardens

King Laurent

I adjusted the numerous silver rings on my right hand, waiting sort of patiently for Jasmine to join me at the gates to the gardens. Sure I could've went and escorted her here myself, but I wasn't up for it. And it's not because I was upset about her pushing me away earlier, either!

I do wonder though, why she had been screaming like that. Like she was being torn apart limb from limb. Her eyes had been so frightened when she jerked out of her nightmare, so unfocused and sad.

As I kept thinking on it, a thought passed through my mind. Didn't she yell something at me back when we were having dinner? Something about seeing faces from the plane crash? And that when it hit me, how much pain she truly had been in.

Oh... Wow, what a douche I can be at times. I wiped the slight sweat off my forehead, trying to recollect myself. Yes I felt bad about what she was going through but I would not subject myself to remorse over something I had no hand in. Still..... I did hope inside my heart that the nightmares would eventually subside.

_________________

Jasmine

Once again I was late. Geez, it's like I never made it on time for anything. But then again, King Laurent could've came and got me. But judging off the way he behaved when I declined his help in the room, I shouldn't be to surprised. I was confused by this man. He was so hot and cold. One minute, he seemed to be kind of into me and the next he was all "Kingy" and just ignored anything about me. Like I was a nonexistent bug. Ugh, I was getting mad thinking about it. I'll just have to deal with it for right now.

The guard I had been escorted by and I had ignored this whole time thinking about the stupid King, informed me that said stupid King would be waiting for me just up the path. I blushed hot, not realizing I had King Laurent stupid out loud. The guard laughed and left me on my own. I walked up the cobblestone path, admiring the maple trees running along it. God, this place was beautiful. As the gate came into view, so did King Laurent and I forgot how to breathe for a second. He was wearing a nude sweatshirt and black jeans that were backwards, which seemed unusual for a Kings attire to me. His twists were pulled up in a ponytail with just a few strands loose, framing his slender neck. He had his head back, drinking from a bottle of water. I don't know why I was so mesmerized by this man doing such a simple action. Water trickled down his lips and his throat from the bottle and I felt liquid trickle down somewhere else too. I shook my head trying to shake away the sinfully pleasing images. I walked up to him and he finally noticed me. He gave me a small smile, though it seemed a bit forced.

King Laurent: "Ah, so glad you could finally join me Princesse. You do seem to make being late a habit, do you not?" I had been so distracted by my thoughts of him that I completely ignored the jab.

King Laurent: "Helloooo? You in there Miss Jasmine? Judging from your red face, you see something you like?" This sentence took me out of my daze and I gave King Laurent a annoyed gaze.

Jasmine: "Do not flatter yourself King Laurent, I was simply thinking of the guard I had been escorted by." King Laurent appeared to not like that answer as he gave me a pointed glare. I fidgeted under it, feeling like he was seeing into my soul.

King Laurent: "Ah, I see then. Shall we go into the gardens now?" His voice was clipped and professional like. Ugh, was this how this walk was going to go? I gave a sigh and walked with him through the gates. The sights that came into my vision took my breath away for a second time today. There were flowers of various colors everywhere. On top of the gate and along the path. I walked ahead of King Laurent, so entranced with the sight.