Beast King

( King Laurent )
( Day 62, December 23rd )

I sat in the lush chair inside my den with Larry standing rigid at my side. We were both staring at the man in front of us with mistrust and suspicion. Curtis squirmed ever so slightly in his seat under our unrelenting stares as Dr. Leona tended to his various wounds. When she was finished bandaging him up, she nodded her head to let us know he was good then left the room. Larry unable to keep quiet any longer, nearly snapped his words out through gritted teeth.

King Larry: "Okay. Before we start, where the fuck have you been the past few days?" Larrys voice was teetering between pissed and annoyed. For some reason, Curtis being here irked him endlessly. Curtis eyes went distant and he bit his lip, I could see his hands trembling with a vengeance.

Curtis: "I honestly don't know where I was located your Highness. When I awoke, I was in some dark old rickety shed and Hiro was there, glaring at me with a hated look so bad you'd think I killed his mom or some shit. He beat me constantly and kept asking me questions about miss Jasmine. When I wouldn't give him any information, he left. It was a day later I guess, that he returned and when he returned, he brought Candice and Eleni with him." I felt my hand grip the desk tightly, my knuckles turning nearly luminescent white at the force being used. Larrys lip curled into the most disgust sneer I ever seen and when he spoke, his voice rasped with hatred.

King Larry: "Why the fuck was Eleni there? What the hell does she have to do with all of this? I don't understand how someone who was so close to us turn against us so quickly." Those exact same questions floating around in my head like leaves in fall and I was hungry for the answers.

Curtis: "I asked the same thing my Kings and her response was that she simply didn't like Jasmine. As for her role in everything, she is the reason no one saw Hiro and Candice leave with Jasmine. She had caused a commotion at the Advisors temple and threatened that she would be on her way to the castle. It had put your guards in tense mode looking for her, causing Hiro to slip away like the fucking snake he is." The suspicion inside me came back full throttle as I took in Curtis's words.

King Laurent: "And pray tell, how you know all this? Sounds like you know to many details to not be involved."

King Larry: "I agree my brother." And without Curtis even realizing, cool steel pressed against the back of his skull as Bouboo stood behind him, his expression blank with promised murder in his eyes. Curtis went completely stiff and his voice cracked slightly.

Curtis: "No! I would never participate in hurting Jasmine! I know about it because when I finally got loose, Eleni sung like a fucking canary when my gun was against her throat. She told me a lot of things your Majesties which is how I even know Jasmine was gone!" I observed him, trying to spot if he was lying but the hurt and dread that swam in the pupils of his eyes screamed truth. Larry must've noticed as well because his body went slack and the tension fell from him. I leaned back in my chair and signaled for Bouboo to lower his weapon. He did so but didn't budge from his spot behind Curtis.

King Laurent: "Continue. I want to know anything and everything. If I feel like you left out the slightest detail, I will watch in the highest degree of glee as your head rolls from the executioners block." My voice was relentless and brokered no space for objections or arguments. Curtis gulped and I could nearly taste his fear in the air. I had been far to complacent lately, Jasmine had knocked me off my game. When she was around, I wasn't the ruthless beast King, I was just Laurent. But with her gone and the circumstances following her disappearance, it seemed I had no choice but to revert to being who I once was. Larry smirked at my side, feeling the shift in my attitude. I heard him whisper under his breath, "now we talking." I ignored his comment and just stared at the fool in front of me, my patience weaning.