Chapter Fourteen

Daisy pulled back from Paul's kiss and wiggled into a sitting position against the headboard. "What do you know about Solomon?"

Paul frowned. "Really?"

"What?"

"You want to talk about Solomon now?" Paul raised an eyebrow. "I know he gets my engine running, but from the way you've been grumbling about him all evening I thought you hated him."

"I do hate him. He's an egotistical pig."

Paul flopped down on the mattress beside her and sighed. "So why are you killing the mood by talking about him?"

Daisy chewed her bottom lip. Usually Paul only had to glance in her direction with a twinkle in his eye and her libido sat up and panted for attention, but kissing Solomon felt like cheating. She hadn't wanted to kiss him. The palm print on his face proved that. Since the day she'd first met Paul she'd never kissed another man, other than on the cheek. There had been a couple of times during the evening when she could have mentioned it. The truth was, she had no idea how Paul would react.

"Daisy? Why are you talking about Solomon?"

She glanced at Paul who lay staring up at her. "He kissed me."

Paul pushed up onto one elbow. "What?"

"I met this man in a pub and he scared me. He wouldn't let me go. Solomon got a guy on his buck's night in the pub to rescue me by asking me to dance, and then he cut in. We danced whilst he questioned me about the man I'd met, and then he said the guy couldn't know we were together. I think Solomon was planning to follow him and find out who he was. He kissed me. I never wanted him to. I slapped him hard and walked out."

"So he did it for work? To save your arse?"

Daisy shrugged. "I guess. Are you jealous? Are you mad?"

"Did you enjoy it?"

"Ew. No."

Paul chuckled. "He must be losing his touch."

"Aren't you going to go mental and punch him or something?"

"Nope."

"Why not?"

Paul shook his head. "The Solomon I know and love wouldn't make a move on a mate's girl."

"Good." Daisy threw the covers back and got to her feet.

"Where are you going?"

"I need to brush my teeth."

"You brushed them twice already."

Daisy pulled a face. "I want to make sure I got rid of all the Solomon cooties. Maybe I should book an appointment with the doctor and get some shots."

"How big a deal was this kiss? Did he go the whole hog and stick his tongue in your mouth?"

"Paul! Ew. God, I'm going to vomit."

She ran to the bathroom. Paul's laughter followed. He'd taken it well. She grabbed her toothbrush and loaded it up with toothpaste. As she brushed, paying particular attention to her tongue, she considered Paul's reaction. She wouldn't have minded if he'd been a little bit jealous.

Once she'd rinsed and dried her face, she wandered back into the bedroom. Paul's gaze followed her as she crossed the room and slid into bed. He wrapped an arm around her middle and tugged her tight against him, leaving her in no doubt he was back in the mood.

"You know his name isn't really Solomon, don't you?"

Paul groaned. "I give up."

"What?"