Chapter 28: Sitting in the bath with the bad boy at 2am.

I woke up with a start to the sound of something smashing and shouting. Sitting up quickly, I turned on my lamp and checked the time.

2:37 am

Another loud smash was to be heard and I froze panicked. "This is it." I whispered to myself hugging my knees closer to me. The silent killer had found me, this was how I died.

Another smash was to be heard and then the unmistakable sound of crying. Loud sobs echoed through my silent room and it was them that I realised that it was Will.

Will was crying.

I slowly got out of bed and made my way over to my window. Even though it was dark in Will's room, I could see broken object and the whole place was destroyed, like someone was angry or upset and had just flipped out.

"Will?" I whispered leaning the window. There was no answer. "Will?" I asked loudly getting a little worried. Still no answer. I opened my window wide and swung my legs out, still dressed in my baggy jumper and finding nemo shorts. Taking a deep breath I jumped the little gap over to Wills room and climbed in.

Now I'd never been in Wills room before and I didn't really know what I was expecting, but I know it wasn't what I saw.

The place was a mess. A way worse mess than a teenage boys room should be. The sheets were messy and the pillow was all ripped up, the feathers everywhere. Empty vodka bottles were strewn everywhere. His desk had been flipped over and all his stationary and the lamp had been tipped all over the floor. His mirror had a huge crack in it as well as a smashed fist mark. Something red was on the mirror too, also on the floor. Bending down, I touched the red and held my breath when I realised it was blood.

Fresh blood.

Standing up quickly, my eyes darted around the room, looking for Will. I heard the faint sound of water running in the bathroom. I carefully but quickly climbed over the broken glass and other object, trying not to cut my feet. I opened the bathroom door slowly.

The shower was running. I could hear the faint sound of Will sobbing. I walked over to the shower, trying not to panic when I saw the little droplets of blood on the tiled floor. The shower curtain was drawn. Very slowly I opened it.

The sight in front of me broke my heart.

Will was sat in the bath, shoulders shaking uncontrollably as he cried. He was still fully clothed, his head buried in his knees. The shower was on falling onto his neck. I looked at his hands that were wrapped around his knees and noticed that his knuckles were split, no doubt from all of the smashing he'd done to his room.

I turned off the shower and I think that's when Will noticed that I was there. He looked up and his eyes were all puffy and blood shot from crying. He didn't say anything so I took that as my invitation to stay.

So I climbed in the bath with him.

Sitting in the bath with the bad boy at 2 in the morning. That wasn't on my bucket list.

It was soaking wet but I didn't care. His bath was quite cosy with the two of us in it, but he didn't seem to mind. None of us said anything for a minute, I waited for him to talk. Very slowly Will pulled a damp picture of his jeans and put it in my hand.

I looked at the picture and let a small smile play on my lips. The picture was of two boys, one older than the other, perhaps he was 10-maybe 11 when it was taken. Both boys were outside in a sunny garden, holding up soccer balls. The younger boy was looking at who I'm assuming was his brother with admiration in his eyes. He looked at him like he put stars in the sky.

"That was my brother." Will told me pointing at the older boy. "His name was Kevin, he died in a plane crash when I was 8, he was 10." I looked at Will with sympathy and suddenly everything made sense. The secret that our parents had been hiding, all the pieces were falling into place.

"Today is the day that he died." Will announced. He'd stopped crying but he still looked broken. "I'm such a wreck, you were so strong on your birthday."

Yeah because I don't remember a darn thing about my parents. I wanted to snap at him, but I kindly smiled and handed the picture back to him.

My hand took his hand in mine and i examined his cuts. They were pretty deep and in desperate need of stitches. I climbed out of the tub and offered my hand to Will. He excepted and I pulled him out. I gestured for him to sit on the counter as I looked for a first aid kit.

As a spy you have to know quite advanced first aid, just incase something happens out in the field, therefore it would be kind of easy to fix him up, no need to take him to the hospital.

I located the first aid kit and started cleaning his wounds. I was stood between he legs and I worked, he was towering over me. I started threading the needle when will spoke.

"You know I hated you when we first met." He told me.

This didn't take me by surprise but I wanted to keep him talking.

"Oh yeah and why was that?" I questioned as I started stitching up his hand.

He let out a humourless laugh. "Your life seemed so perfect with Sally and Peter, I was so jealous as after the plane crash, my parents have avoided me like the plague, distancing themselves from me." He sighed. "But now I see that you had it way harder than I did, losing your parents and growing up in an orphanage."

I opened my mouth to talk, I trusted him enough to tell him about the spy agency, but the words died in my throat and I closed my mouth.

No.

No one could know. It would put them all in danger.

When I was finished stitching, I wrapped his knuckles up in bandages. I looked up into his sea green eyes and smiled.

"Your brother must be so proud of all that you have done, everything you've achieved. You kept going, proving everyone wrong and if he were here then he would be cheering you on, telling you to do what your heart wants you too." I told him sternly.

His eyes watered a tiny bit and he licked his lips as his eyes flickered down to my lips. I thought he was going to kiss me, but instead he pulled me into a tight hug.

"Thank you Lottie."

Authors note:

Ah I know I said I wasn't going to update but I kind of want this story to finish so I can start my next one which I'm hella excited about!

Enjoy!

Unedited.

Words

Olly xxx