Chapter 3 ~Big Mistake~

Aphmau crept slowly along the stone path, watching Garroth walk past the gates and into the dense forrest. Tears brimmed in her eyes.

"No... Not now.... I have to think of a plan..." she thought to herself. Yet the tears came anyway. They slid down her cheeks and onto the pathway. Aphmau slowly walked toward Laurence, and looked at him. His brown hair had cascaded to the side as he lay on the ground, out cold. "I can't let this happen again, I can't hurt everyone like this by taking away this villages main human resources... But I also can't let Zane get ahold of that relic, because if he does... Well then- it'll all be over. But maybe... Maybe if I went... Just me... Someone else could take the role of lord right? Especially Laurence or Katelyn..."

She stood up and wiped the tears from her face.

"But I can't just leave him here either..."

That's when she made a split second decision to yell for help. As she ran behind a tree, she saw Katelyn and some other guards run in Laurence's direction. Guards picked him up and rushed him to what looked to be a temporary clinic for the other hurt soldiers. Katelyn, on the other hand, stood there for a second, looking around, probably for the source of the scream, or the perpetrator. Eventually though, she walked in the direction the guards took Laurence.

Aphmau let out a sigh of relief. Knowing that one of her best friends was going to be okay was a big load off of her shoulders. Once she was sure that they were gone, she walked in the direction the Garroth had gone. Every step she took echoed in her ears. She felt as if she was walking straight towards her inevitable doom with her eyes open. As she approached the part of the forrest she entered last time, something caught her eye.

Aaron...

"I have to try and stick to some sort of script here.. I'm technically not supposed to know his name, so...."  Aphmau thought, getting more and more anxious by the second.

"U-uh," she stuttered, approaching him, "Wow I sound like Garroth," she thought before speaking again, "You...!"

"I see you've finally caught up. Garroth went this way... I've been tracking him, but we'll lose him if we don't get to him now..." Aaron spoke in a monotone voice.

"Do you have any idea why he would take the amulet?" Aphmau replied, "Man, It's weird asking questions I already know the answer to," she though to herself.

"He must be taking it to Zane. Zane knows that amulet can take him to whatever dimension he desires..." he responded

"That son of a-" 

"What?! Why would Zane want to go to another dimension?" she asked, cutting herself off.

"I have no idea. It's Zane... Whatever he's up to can't be good..." 

"Another dimension... Wait!- The Nether! It's the only other dimension I can think of! It's got the Shadow Lord and the Shadow Knights, if his army was just taken away from him then maybe he's going to try and find new recruits!" she retorted.

"I wish it was just the Nether,"  Aphmau thought, with another dose of anxiety and fear washing over her.

"...We need to stop Garroth now." he replied, still not sounding worried.

"Lead the way then,"

"Let's go, he went into the woods. QUICKLY!" he shouted the last part.

As he and Aphmau rushed into the forrest, Aphmau began to slow down. She wasn't sure if she was ready to face Garroth again- actually- no, she was sure she definitely WASN'T ready to face him.