Chapter 9 ~This is Getting Out of Hand~

Aphmau slowly opened her eyes to find herself lying in the middle of the Phoenix Alliance village plaza. She shot up and spun herself around in complete and udder confusion, taking in all of her familiar surroundings. Tears of happiness prickled at her eyes as she fell to her knees. A smile began to crawl onto her face, but was abruptly stopped when she heard an ear shattering scream.

The raven haired girl sprung to her feet once more, and tried to decipher where the shriek came from. Suddenly, she saw Lucinda standing in front of her house, but she was wearing the clothes she wore in the past, not the dress from the time jump. The witch had a shocked and terrified look on her face, with tear streaks running down her face. Then, out of no where, bodies began to appear all over the plaza.

Laurance...

Katelyn...

Travis...

Aaron...

And more... They were all...

Dead...

Aphmau stood there, dumbfounded and in shock, trying to make sense of the graphic scene around her. Then, a horrifying, sick cackle broke through the defending silence. Aphmau knew that laugh, there was only one person whom it belonged to. 

"Zane..." Aphmau growled through clenched teeth. She turned herself around on one heel facing the High Priest, tears unknowingly streaking down her cheeks. Zane stood on the pathway that led into the forest, his hands behind his back, with Garroth and Lillian at his side. Zane was in his Jury of Nine form, except his eyes glowed with a golden tone as oppose to the blinding white they had been before. Garroth was in his knight uniform, and Lillian had on the dark hoodie she was wearing before she disappeared from Phoenix Drop.

Zane raised one hand, revealing flames he somehow managed to hold in his hand.

"APHMAU LOOK OUT!" Lucinda screamed from behind. Aphmau swiveled back around to face the girl with fiery hair, only to be stopped mid swirl and faced by a reflection image of herself. The other Aphmau was older, and had visible bags under her bloodshot eyes. Her hair was a tangled mess. She had been running down the hill towards Lucinda, and skidded to a stop when she saw the scene in front of her.

Zane shot his hand out in the direction of other-Aphmau, sending a coil of flames in her direction. Lucinda pointed her staff towards the flames, shooting out white sparks which extinguished the flames. "APHMAU RUN!" Lucinda shrieked at the other raven haired girl.

Zane's eyes landed on Lucinda, "Time to shut you up..." he muttered, and produced an orb of light in his hand. He flicked his arm out towards Lucinda, which sent the ball spinning towards her. Lucinda struck her staff which sent more white sparks in the direction of the orb, trying to block the hit. But when the sparks hit the orb, they did nothing but fizzle out, and the orb continued its fast trek toward the witch.

Lucinda blocked her face with her arms just before the ball of light collided with her, causing another blood curdling shriek to erupt from her, before she exploded into white sparks herself, leaving behind only her staff, which clattered to the ground.

The other-Aphmau stood in her spot, staring wide eyed at what once was her friend. She then craned her head to face the High Priest turned monster.

"Wh...WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER?!" she screamed at Zane, unsheathing her sword, getting ready to charge at the raven haired man. Zane chuckled, and tilted his head downwards and to the side towards Garroth. He jerked his chin up slightly to signal his brother. Other-Aphmau looked between him and Garroth, before letting out a battle cry and running towards both of them. Garroth followed the gesture, running to meet other-Aphmau's sword.