Chapter 1- My City

110 years later~

    Ever since that day, also known as Grim Time, the remaining vampires have been living underground. I, Lilith, became their queen. My parents were the leaders of vampires before, and I am their daughter so I decided to take their place. Ever since that day, my soul has been dark. It's better that way. Now, I am more powerful. I practiced every day and became stronger, my senses are more amplified than ever. I am the only one who has access to the Obsidian weapon. But my favourite trait of it all is fear. All my followers fear me, and I make sure it stays that way. Fear is the best way to keep everyone in line, to insure that they will listen to me.

Why do they fear me? Its because I kill without second thought. When I am displeased, I punish with death. I haven't always done that, however. Right after we made our underground home, there weren't many vampires who survived the Grim Time. Only around 100. But now our population is up and if someone isn't loyal to me, they die. Not many people are disloyal to me now, they know the consequences.  Fear is power. It gives me control over my followers.

All the vampires who have survived are underground, and work for me. Its almost like the lost city of Atlantis, its there but no one knows where it is. It has beams, keeping it from collapsing. If you look at it from the top of my palace, It looks all brown, as if you were looking at an Above city through gold tinted glasses. The city is called Subterranean.

I am not cruel, or merciless. I don't torture vampires. I make sure everyone has their proper care and supplies they need. I love my vampire clan, I treat them like my children. As long as they remain loyal, they will be happy. Because I am not like the humans. At all. I end lives quickly, with no suffering. Unless, of course, its a human life. We drink human blood now, It gives me more strength. more power.

Our underground territory looks amazing, It had been made after the humans believed we were dead, and expanding ever since. My palace is the largest building there, and after that all the homes are made the same. There are stores, buildings, most things you would see Above. Its almost just like where the humans live. Except one thing.

There is no sky. I miss the sky the most, especially looking up to the moon at night, and counting the stars twinkling. All there is down here is artificial light. If I look up, I see brown. dirt. Inside my palace, I have had my room painted blue, with stars and the moon. I look up at them and pretend its real. Pretend i'm up there, Where I can go higher and higher and never touch a ceiling. I dream of that day, and it will come. One day I will get what I desire. I'm slowly planning on how we can take over Above. I just need a larger population.

I'm in my room right now, just finishing putting on some cherry coloured lipstick. I look in the mirror at my flawless complexion. My raven hair is flowing down to my waist, and my piercing blue eyes are cold. My emotions are masked away, just as I like it. Satisfied with my look, I turn right as I hear a knock on the door and stand up.

"Who is there?" I walk over with my head held high and open the door.

"Just me, Lilith." Aaron is standing at the door. He is my second in command, the only person I actually trust to take control if i'm ever busy. His  reddish brown hair is combed perfectly. He has hazel eyes, eyes that haven't changed since we were children. He smiles at me, but of course I don't return it. I never do.

"What do you want, Aaron?" I ask. I'm more polite to Aaron, I respect him. He has never done anything wrong. Always loyal.

"I just wanted to tell you that i'm afraid there has been a slight disloyalty..." He looks a little nervous.

"What? Who dared betray their Queen?" My voice grows higher.

"One of the transporters stole extra portions of blood," he tells me.