Chapter 11- It Came

Hello readers, before I start I would just like to say, GASP look who updated a day early :O This is because soon I'm going to leave for a cottage and be staying the weekend and I won't have time to update. So here you go, hope you enjoy :)

~Shanshan

I'm staring at the stars on my ceiling as I lie on my bed and think about the storm. Its coming, and could be a threat to my city. My people. and me. But what's even more a threat than the storm is my people themselves if they are warned.

They don't talk about it anymore, but last time when we had lockdown, it was madness. Everyone thought I wasn't looking, the guards were busy, and it became chaos. No one listened and they stole, vandalized, and almost ruined my perfect underground city. But I had it under control, and many people died that day. Let me rephrase that; Many people were killed that day. By me. And the worst part was whatever the lockdown was for was a false alarm and all it resulted in was Subterranean's mess. Everyone able to helped gather the stolen items and put together the city again. It was twenty five. Twenty five people I had caught and killed that day.

That is why I want to avoid lockdown at all costs. Four hours left until the storm hits.  I hear the door and Aaron walks in.

"Aaron!" I exclaim. He always knocks, and he doesn't know what I could have been doing.

"What is it?" He looks confused at my outburst and stands near the door. "Do you want me to leave?"

"No, but what do I tell you about knocking?"

"That was before,"  He looks down. "I didn't know I still had to knock,"

"Before what?"  If he is talking about the storm and thinks we are about to die I swear...

"Before you were my girlfriend," I can tell he thought this was obvious by his tone of voice. I think about giving up my plan for a second, then remember he could easily spread nasty rumours about me if i'm on his bad side, and if I killed him- wait, that would have been another good rumour to spread around... But Aaron is a good friend and I shouldn't do that to him. So, the plan will continue.

"Oh, of course," I bring him into a hug. He squeezes me back. "I'm sorry."

"Its okay," He gives me a warm smile, and then blinks and his face is upset.

"What?"

"You still didn't explain what I saw." Oh. Right. Well, I might as well tell him what actually happened. I take a deep breath.

"That wasn't his blood on his face, It was mine. From my tears." I confess. Its not easy to get me to confess to something like this, so one wrong word and Ill probably snap at him.

He lets out a humourless laugh. "Lilith I'm sorry, I don't know what sort of fool you take me for but I didn't think you would continue your lies. You haven't cried for years, especially not with anyone with you." He shakes his head. "I thought you were a better liar than that,"

"You think I am a LIAR??" I scream. I push him against a wall, i didn't use that much strength but he still flew into the wall hard enough to leave a dent. "Do you honestly think I would stoop so low I was going to say i cried when I didn't?"

"Well..."

"Don't make assumptions about me Aaron!" I let go of him and he stays against the wall.

"I'm sorry." He looks down. He isn't hurt, but even if he was he would have healed fast.

"Good. Are we done?"

"Do you forgive me?"

"N-" I'm about to say no, but when I look at his terrified face I can tell he has learned his lesson. "Fine. Your forgiven." Is it because I feel bad for lying about loving him that made me go soft? If it the fact that Grayson tore off my mask? I need to redeem myself somehow, just not like this. So I embrace him when Aaron pulls me towards him and kisses me, thanking me for forgiving him. I kiss him back, and pull away from him.