Chapter 12- The Storm

"A leak?" Aaron repeats. "How? We are way too far underground,"

"Apparently not." Keeping my voice down, I go back to my palace and tuck a stray hair behind my ear.

"We've got to go into lockdown now," He says, trailing behind me.

"No, we don't." I shake my head. Don't get me wrong, I want my people to be safe. I just think they aren't in any danger.

"Lilith, it can't be avoided."

"It might stop soon. we just have to wait." I say. Then a guard rushes over to us.

"There's a leak in subterranean. Your people are panicking," He says in a rush. Oh no. It has begun. Aaron looks at me. Theres no avoiding it now.

"Okay, listen. I am going to announce a lockdown. Keep everyone under control, and if anyone tries doing something against the rules record it." He nods at me and leaves.

Speeding to the balcony, I ring the bell and grab the megaphone. I feel droplets on my hair. I look around and see my people running, panicking, holding their children.

"LISTEN TO ME" I bellow over the noise. Everyone freezes for a second. "We are now going into lockdown. In an orderly fashion, You will all follow me to the lowest level. It will protect us from any rain. If you cause trouble, you will be left behind and killed by me when the storm ends. So stay calm, and follow me." With that, I look over at Aaron and run downstairs, call on my gaurds, and am escorted down to the lockdown room, with my people following me. Aaron waits with the other guards, making sure everyone gets down safely. I hear crying, screaming, praying, and try to tune it out as I reach the room. I watch as everyone piles in, one by one, until the room is so crowded I can't reach the door without bumping into someone. I find Aaron, and he tells me the situation.

"Everyone has been accounted for except for twenty, who are being helped by guards now, Lilith. We will be closing the doors as soon as they are found." I nod. There is a little over a thousand residents in Subterranean.

"Good." I can hardly hear with all the noise and go to the front of the room. "Everyone," I say. No one looks at me.

"BE SILENT AND LISTEN." They stop. "Thank you. There is nothing to worry about, we will have everything under control soon enough and you may go back home. The storm is not to be worried about, and I ask that you talk quietly among yourselves while you wait.

After everyone has been found, we close the doors and wait. And wait. After about four hours I have the artificial blood distributed equally to my vampires, and have the council members and myself have the humans that Aaron brought down. Finishing, I think about Grayson. I hope he's not dead.

What am I thinking? I don't care if he dies. Right? He wont die, the human chambers are at a level that is less likely to get flooded.

I see Avianna, who is with a group of children that must be her students. I guess school was on. I walk over to her, and she looks up.

"Hello, Lilith." She smiles, and looks down at the group of kids. "Say hello to your Queen,"

"Hello Queen Lilith!" They look up at me. They are young children, around seven.

"Hello," I say softly. I wonder why they haven't been picked up by their families when I see Avianna's travel bag. "What is that?" I ask.

"Oh," She opens the bag and takes out some toys that would be to occupy her students, blankets, and some necessities.

"When did you make that?" I ask.

"W-Well, after you announced the storm, I thought it would be the safest thing to do, incase of a lockdown."