Chapter 2: Zazu

Zazu's POV

After calling for Sarabi and leading her to her mother, I flew away until I was called again . . .

"Zazu!"

Why must these cats keep calling for me? What am I? Their personal messenger? I sighed dramatically before turning attention to whoever called me. It was the Queen! I ruffled my feathers and straitened myself up with my beak tilted up towards the air. "How can I be of assistance, Your Majesty?"

"Can you find Mufasa and Taka? I need them to be home." She said, picking at some dead flowers rooted on the floor.

I forced a smile, "Of course, Your Majesty."

So off I flew to where I last saw those two brats.

"Prince Mufasa! Prince Taka!" I called out when I saw them hugging each other. "The Queen wants you home."

"Perfect timing, Zazu!" Mufasa smiled. "I need you to send a message to Sarabi for me."

Another message?!

"Tell her to meet us here at dawn the day before the ball."

I nodded, forcing another smile. Stupid cats can't even relay their own message.

"And make sure you give it to her. It's important."

"Oh," My interest piqued. "And why is that?"

"It's none of bird-tail business." Taka said as he crossed his arms.

Why that little-

"Taka." Mufasa warned, glaring at Taka before turning his attention to me.

Ha! That little kitten deserves it!

"Deliver the message Zazu. It's a surprise for Sarabi. We're going to propose."

My eyes nearly fell out. Great . . . "Why, that's wonderful news! I'll be sure to tell her!"

"Remember. Keep it a surprise."

"Yes. Yes." I nodded my head before flying off.

After telling Sarabi Mufasa's message, I flew off towards the tree Rafiki lived in.

Knocking on the tree before entering, I collapsed onto the floor.

"Delivering messages again?"

I nodded before sighing. "Can you believe it? Those cats think they can just tell me what to do. Zazu! I need you to do this! Zazu! I need you you to do that! Zazu! Zazu! Zazu! Why can't those lazy cats do anything for themselves?"

Rafiki chuckled.

"Did you hear that Mufasa is planning to propose to Sarabi?" I asked.

"Yes. Prince Taka is too." Rafiki mentioned as he painted his wall.

"What?!" I immediately shot up.

"Both princes have affection for Sarabi." He stated as if it was already well known.

My bird beak was left wide open. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"Mufasa will be a good king whether Sarabi chooses him or not."

"What? Are you trying to say that she'll choose Taka instead? That," I couldn't even finish my sentence as I shook in disgust.

"It's possible, yes."

"I would rather be the cat's messenger for eternity than to see Taka with Sarabi."

Rafiki tsked, waving his finger at me. "Taka is not so bad. He's young, still."

"He's a threat."

"He is not."

He's a threat to my plans . . . unlike Mufasa, who is easier to manipulate. "Sarabi will be a good queen when Mufasa becomes King. Taka is just in the way."

"It will not do you good to meddle, Zazu."

"Hmpf!" I fluffed my feathers as I flew away.

Sarabi will choose Mufasa