Prelude**

Memphis, Egypt 300 B.C.

THUNDER ROLLED in the distance. Lightning cracked against a darkened sky as rain pelted the streets, and the wind howled with a vengeance. Flames devoured the remnants of a fallen city, and rebels, drenched from the rain, marched toward the palace.

Standing at the base of the throne, Pharaoh's chief magician stared at the back of his blue and gold striped crown. A smile tugged at his lips while laughter threatened to escape. He had finally achieved his dream. It had been a difficult road, but victory was now close at hand. Pharaoh kept his back toward him. He could tell from Pharaoh's slumped shoulders that regret dragged him down.

The Advisor stepped closer to the window, remaining behind his Pharaoh, as the lightning flashed once more. Bodies littered the streets, being consumed by the flames. He let his nostrils flare welcoming the stench of burning flesh. Memphis, a once regal city that stood as a sign of power before the world, now had smoke rising behind its walls and blood staining the streets. Rebels were brutal, but he refused to give up this fight.

Pharaoh Ammon had once ruled with an iron grip, but now, that grip had been loosened. In the eyes of the world, the once-great city was now laid in ruins. Loyalty for Pharaoh Ammon disintegrated the moment the Advisor marched through Memphis' fair gates years ago.

He watched as Pharaoh ran his thin hands up and down his arms as if he was trying to set his mind at ease for having a feeble constitution. Pharaoh's once charcoal black skin had turned ashy gray from years of sickness.

Egypt's speaker for the gods once stood before him young and youthful, ready to take on the world, but now his face was aged from years of battle and his skin had become nothing more than rubber stretched beyond its means over a skeletal shell. In a fit of fury, Pharaoh Ammon slammed his hands on the window seal.

The Advisor took a few steps closer to Pharaoh. He watched as Pharaoh turned to face him. Pharaoh wore a bleached gown with long sleeves and a gilded tie around his waist. A sigh escaped as Pharaoh pushed his crown back behind his ears. Light from nearby flames danced on Pharaoh Ammon's tattered garments, mixing with the lighting that struck behind him. Thrills raced up the Advisor's spine, Pharaoh appeared before him as if he was standing in a wasteland at the edge of the lake of fire about to take the mortal plunge.

The medallion hanging around Pharaoh's neck glistened in the flames. Its golden circular body held two dragon engravings embedded with jewels on its surface. On the right stood an obsidian dragon on its hindquarters with a sapphire serving as its eye. Its head was turned upward, wings opened with blue fire spewing forth, proclaiming victory over its foe. A true testament to the strength and power of evil.

On the left, a goshenite dragon lay on its belly with its wings closed tightly against its body. A stream of several small blue topazes appeared on its cheek. The dragon had lost its battle to the obsidian dragon. Evil had prevailed.

Chuckling, the Advisor shook his head. If only Pharaoh fathomed what awaited him once he took the mortal plunge. Death was the only option for this man even and that was too good for him.

The Advisor laughed as he moved his arms into a circle, one hand facing palm down as the other faced palm up. He moved them in opposite directions until a blue orb began filling in the empty air between them.

"Are you ready to be delivered to Anubis and Osiris, my lord?" A wide smile spread from ear to ear as the blue orb grew.

He knew that of course, Pharaoh was ready. Pharaoh's fiancée had warned him of what could happen, yet he chose to ignore her anyway. Now, he would pay the ultimate price.

"I am," Pharaoh's voice shook.

The Advisor began sliding his left hand downward, and his right hand upward. As the blue orb lengthened with the motion forming a beam between his hands, he closed his hand as if grasping an invisible rode. The beam glowed light blue before leaving a golden rod with metal claws sprouting from three corners leaving a vibrant purple orb resting safely inside.

Now was the time for Pharaoh to accept his fate.

Footsteps began to echo loudly throughout the palace. The rebels had made it inside. Soon they would arrive in the throne room. However, they would find that they had arrived too late.

The Advisor pulled the scepter close to his body before thrusting it towards his master. A beam shot out from the orb, and seconds later, Pharaoh Ammon disappeared in a cloud of purple sparks. The medallion that he wore fell to the granite flooring making a loud clanging sound before it, too, disappeared in a ray of golden sparks.

Once Pharaoh Ammon had been obliterated, the threatening storm outside appeared to be making its way inside the palace. Storm clouds covered the ceiling, the wind gushed inside the room, and a small tornado began forming at the Advisor's feet, followed by a blue circle with a storm cloud and lightning bolt imprinted inside.

The door on the far side of the room flung open as rebels barged in. Advisor laughed, his voice laced with malice and his blue eyes glowed until they turned a solid blue.

The rebels surrounded him with their spears and swords raised in an attack position. The men with swords charged forward, but the Advisor raised his hand and jabbed his index and middle finger towards the rebels shooting lighting in their direction. The lightning struck the floor in front of the closest men and sent them flying toward the back wall.

"Fools!" he shouted, balling his hands into fists. "You are no match for me! Your Pharaoh is gone, and I have been gifted with powers from your gods. You will worship me as your sovereign lord." He moved his arms in a circular motion over the vortex that lifted him into the air dropping him to the ground.

Arrows flew over the heads of those who held spears toward him.

A smirk pulled at the corner of his lips. He raised his arms in front of him, lifting the vortex in front of him, twisting the arrows back around.

The scepter in his left hand began glowing. A spear welder charged forward, but he aimed the staff toward the man. The orb inside glowed brighter and shot a beam slamming into the rebel's chest. He collapsed. Advisor watched with glee as the man rose and turned toward his fellow rebels with his eyes glowing violet. "Kill them all!" he commanded. The spearman swung his spear towards a blade master.

The man with the sword spun and sliced the flint off his companion's spear. The man with glowing eyes dropped the spear and balled his fists ready for an uppercut.

The Advisor laughed as he watched the fight. He thrust the staff at multiple rebels around him making them drop like flies. He raised them in his service seconds later. Pleasure filled his soul knowing that Egypt now belonged to him.

 Pleasure filled his soul knowing that Egypt now belonged to him