Chapter Thirteen:

Loki approached the chamber with certain caution. He understood the risks he had taken for coming here. Having posed disguised as a guard, no one had suspected anything of him. The figure who sat within the prison immediately sensed Loki’s presence.
“Loki, son of Laufey.”
Their identity was concealed by a dark black cloak. Chains made of metal coiled around their body in tight silver loops which hung for decoration around their prison chamber. Using magic, Loki slipped inside the prison chamber. He lowered himself before them.
“My lady Sigyn,” Loki spoke politely. “I have escaped and retrieved the weapon as you had asked. I hold it in my hand.”
Loki produced the weapon, the Tesseract piece gleaming like a wicked blue eye within its centre. Sigyn laughed delightedly, raising her hands to remove the hood from her face. Her fair coloured curls tumbled down her shoulders and rested lightly against her breasts. She raised her head to look at Loki, her green eyes darkening with lust.
“You have done well,” she said and raised a shackled wrist to stroke her lover’s cheek.
Loki’s eyelids fluttered closed as he responded towards Sigyn’s touch.
“Oh my love,” Sigyn sighed. “It has been too long since we saw each other last. Separated by Odin’s hand to be locked away within different realms. You have no idea the punishment I have endured during my wait for you.”
“No longer should we be apart,” Loki whispered determinedly. “Those pathetic mortals may think they have won. They have no idea what is yet to come.”
Sigyn laughed cruelly.
“Release me of my chains,” Sigyn said. “Let me be held inside your arms once more.”
At once Loki worked on breaking the chains as they came away from Sigyn’s body and the shackles fell before her feet. Loki held out his hand for Sigyn to take. Loki weaved his fingers through her hair as he held her once more, lifting her face to press his mouth against hers. As their lips touched Loki felt Sigyn’s magic heat his blood and seal the bond which had been broken between them.
Sigyn broke away and laced her fingers with his.
“Our army waits for us my love.”
Loki grinned and together they stepped through the chamber, the weapon inside their hand.