Chapter Seventeen:

The enemy were such creatures that could only be found within the depths of nightmares. Those creatures raised themselves before our small group, Sigyn taking lead. Director Fury whispered in my ear.
“Get the hell out of here.”
I look up at the agent, but it was too late to say anything as he had lowered his gun and fired. The creatures slithered from out of the darkness, taking to the agents like a swarm of wasps encircling their nest. I dropped to my hands and knees on the cold and dampened floor, crawling unnoticed from the enemy line. Despite what Fury had asked of me, I wasn’t going to listen to him. I had to find Loki.

Unseen by the enemy, I picked myself up and concealed myself in shadow. My heart rate quickened as I passed through the stockroom, taking the gun which Director Fury had given me. My hand shook but my mind remained steady.
“I know you’re here Loki,” I whispered, my voice laced with determination.
His laughter causes me to turn round, the gun poised and my finger coiled around the trigger. Loki stepped out of the shadows, wearing his usual armoury that gleamed from the darkness. His eyes were shimmering as they turned to cast their gaze on me. In his hands, he held the weapon.
“I think you have something which doesn’t belong to you Loki,” I spoke through gritted teeth.
Loki grinned, laughing cruelly as he traced his fingers over its length.
“We had an agreement - remember?” he said.
“There was no agreement.”
“The weapon for the mortal’s life,” Loki recalled, a smirk playing across his features.
I tightened my grip on the gun.
“You are not going to win Loki,” I tell him squarely. “You will lose.”
“Such petty talk,” Loki dismissed me as he took a step closer towards me. “This is almost too familiar.”
“Loki stop it.” A step closer and I had no other choice but to fire. “I don’t want to do this.”
Loki hesitated for a moment, his expression changing. It was the face of someone I had never seen before. He looked down at the weapon, which was glowing  blue between his fingers. I began walking towards him, lowering the gun to my side. I was standing in front of him, breathless as his dominating body towered over mine.
“I haven’t forgotten,” Loki murmured, touching his hand to the centre of his armour plated chest. I frowned, questioning his words when I realised what he meant.
“Can you not read my thoughts? We are still connected, you and I.”
I closed my eyes, listening. Slowly, I shook my head.
“Loki, I see through your façade. Neither of us love the other and we know it.”
Loki sighed, convincing in its belief.
“I guess some things weren’t meant to be.”

Suddenly Loki’s mouth was on mine, kissing me with such desperation it caused me to gasp. The desperation became desire, but I held his lips against mine longer than I should have. Loki’s hands clasped my face, teasing me with his mouth. The kiss deepened, causing me to moan. He tangled his fingers through my hair, his skin cold to the touch.

I will be the first man to kiss you...

No. It wasn’t supposed to be.

The gun was pressed against his shoulder as I pulled the trigger. Loki’s scream resonated around the stock room as he fell to his knees, his shoulder weeping blood. He dragged his face up to mine, an expression of confusion mixed with pain as he clutched his shoulder in agony.
“What…”
“I’m sorry Loki,” I whispered, reaching down and collecting the weapon.
Loki grunted against the pain, blood pouring over his hands.
“You…you betrayed me,” he said and grinned like the psychopath he was.
As I walked away and the SHIELD agents circled around him, I heard him cry.
 ‘This will never be the end! I will always be back Isobel Jones!”

Can I just say...thanks so much for getting Obsession to over 3000 reads! I never actually thought that it would be so popular. Anyway sorry about the slow updates, I have work on and getting caught up within it all. I want to know what you guys think so if you could leave a comment I would be grateful. Also, could you please check out my new story Heavenly Creatures? It's my first story and it would be amazing if you could also check it out.

MischiefMaker26 x