♦CHAPTER TWO♦

Now sixteen years old, Mary sat on her living room chair. Her mother was demanding her to sit up straight while she complained. 

"Mum-"  Mary uttered before her mother corrected her stiffly.

"Mother."

"Mother, Why are you doing this? It seems like you're getting me ready  to be royalty." She indicated.

Her mother gave her a pointed look and glare that made her quiver.

"After this, your Father will be training you to protect yourself."

"Wait what?-" Her mother stared in horror as if she remembered something. "- You mean fighting? I can't fight! I can't even do one push-up!" Mary yelped.

Right after she uttered her words a loud BANG was heard, caused by an explosion throwing them back.

"RUN MARY!"  Her mother screeched, and she couldn't help but listen. Mary couldn't fight she knew that. Right now was not the time to be some brave idiot, prat, who ends up getting every body killed.  She ran out the back door, her baby blue dress getting caught on something sharp ripping a piece off, Mary darted around the corner skidding to a stop to look through the window.

She saw her mother getting held by a man. He held a burnt looking stick at her neck, her mother's hands grasping at his hands, trying to get him to not hold tight. Though Mary noticed that her mother's fingers seemed to be looking for something, Mary's eyes wandered to her face where her mum held a smirk. 

Suddenly her mother's hand grasped his little finger and yanked it backwards. 

My mum just broke his little finger!

While he was still shocked, her mother dropped to one knee, using the gravity to flip him over.  He groaned in pain, and her mother lifted her foot to stomp on his head, he grabbed it, and yanked it.

Mary's mum landed on her stomach, and Mary didn't notice her pull out a clean, slim looking stick. The man was about to stomp on her jaw when her mother pulled out the stick and pointed it at him and muttered, " Gifol Niht." And he fell to the floor, appearing to be asleep.

^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^

"What the hell was that?" Mary bellowed at her mother and father.

"Language!" Her mother chided her.

"That man tracks magical fellows like us." Her father said worriedly.

"YOUR MAGICAL TOO!" She squawked at her parents. "What other types of secrets are you keeping from me? "

"We can't tell you now, but soon. For now, we need to be worrying about moving, they know we are here." Father said.

She couldn't believe it. All her life her parents were keeping secrets from her, and now Mary was furious. She didn't even listen to what they were saying, she stormed out of the room, and into her bedroom.

They're liars! But why? Why would they lie to me?

She laid down on her bed and held on to the necklace that Cyrten gave her. She missed her best and only friend.