♦CHAPTER ONE♦

Far away from a busy city called Southampton, was a small house. It has stood there for hundreds of years, its thin walls letting bugs and rodents in. Tall, green vines beautifully scrawled on the outside walls, giving the impression of an empty old house.

But a family lived in there. It was small but big enough for the family of three. Many people would think that if someone were to live in a house like that, they would be hiding from something.

Maybe, that's what they were doing.

Inside the walls in this home had a quiet, loving family, with a huge secret. Though the daughter didn't know, they did their best to keep it a secret.

They stayed in the middle of nowhere, never going to public places, shooing off any unwanted visitors. They had one friend that would go into the city, picking up things for them. Her daughter, Cyrten, was the only friend of the child that lived in solitude. And though they barely ever saw each other, every time they did, they enjoyed their time together.

Watching the days go by for the only child bothered her. Each day was the same, each day bored her to death. She wanted an adventure and often wandered off into the woods, soon getting scolded by her parents.

Her mother was an only child, and when she was a kid, her mother was very mature. Her mother expected that from her. But surprised when her daughter always ended up in trouble.

The young girl sat in a pile of mud on the side of the house. Her legs sprawled in front of her, her white dress rimmed with dirt. Her small fingers poked and danced across the mud while she giggled. 

She knew she would be in trouble later, but she wanted to have fun now.

She splashed and smeared mud around, creating a bigger mess than before.  She decided to have one more splash then she would do her best to clean up.

Her hand was already in the air, about to splash down into the mud when she heard her mother call for her. In a panic she stood up, she hadn't thought about it at all, she just didn't care at the time. Just a few seconds ago she had the "no care attitude" and now she was all stiffened up, not wanting her mum to go all "hawkshaw" on her.

She grabbed the rim of her dress, somewhat trying to succeed getting rid of the mess.

Bah! I should not have done that. Mum is going to scold me now. I'm such a wanker.

Suddenly, water floated up in the air in her frustration. She froze, the water was clear and looked clean. But why was it floating?

 Her hands, which were still on her dress, did not feel wet any more. She looked down, the mud on her dress was now dry. So dry she could easily brush it off. It almost felt like dust.

Her mother called again, and the young girl finished wiping herself down. Her mother stepped around the corner, the little girl stumbled forward a bit, right under the floating water. Smiling at her mother, forgetting about the floating blob, the liquid fell right on top of her as her mother stared in horror.

Silence.

"We need to talk." The mother said.

The young girl knew she was special after that. But she was more special than she realized. 

Her name was, Mary Sodhi.