__F I N D I N G M A Y A__

Song above is the song Maya hums, it will make sense as you read on. x

-Nelly :))

=======================================================

"Shouldn't we be looking for Maya?" Lucas leans over his desk to ask Farkle. "We aren't allowed to?" Farkle whispers back to him. "What do you mean?" Lucas asks getting frustrated. "Mr. Friar is everything alright?" Mr. Matthews asks as he turns away from writing on the blackboard. He was tempted to tell him everything that happened on Friday. It's been 4 days and still no sight of Maya.

Farkle gave Lucas pleading eyes. "No sir," Lucas says bitterly sinking into his chair tapping his pen on his desk. 20 minutes later and the bell went. Everyone has exited the class except Farkle and Lucas. "I don't get it, why won't you look for Maya?" Lucas asks trying to remain calm. "I've been best friends with Maya since the 3rd grade. I've basically grown up with her, so I've seen stuff, stuff that other people would run away from. Maya's life is complicated and she can't open up to people easily," Farkle explains.

"What does this have to do with finding Maya?" Lucas asks straightening up in his chair. "It means this has happened before, Lucas, we know Maya and we know what to do in situations like this," Farkle says turning to face Lucas getting angrier every time Lucas questions something.

Lucas couldn't stop thinking about Maya, he was so worried, yet again Riley wasn't here either. He was just so frustrated how no one does anything about them. "Ok well what about Riley?" Lucas asks turning to face Farkle. "I don't know," Farkle replies honestly, "if she's not at school tomorrow then I don't know what to do."

Lucas packs up his stuff and starts heading to the door to exit the classroom. "Where are you going?" Farkle calls out packing his stuff up quickly too. "To find Maya... and Riley," Lucas replies leaving the classroom with Farkle running after him.

Maya was at their spot. Where she first met Lucas. For some reason she felt drawn to this place. She felt as this place was a beacon and if she wasn't here, she wasn't safe. Maya hugs her legs and rock back and forwards. She spent her days here and at night she slept at Riley's house. Maya didn't know where Riley was, she didn't know where anyone was.

A single tear leaves Maya's eye as she finally couldn't deal with all the stress in her life. Maya was cold, her body was numb and her lips were purple. Maya didn't do anything about it though. She thought the cold was nothing compared to her problems. As she quivered, and shed a few tears she hummed a song.

"You taught me the courage, of the stars before you left. How life carries on endless even after death. With shortness of breath you explained the infinite. How rare and beautiful, it is to even exist. I couldn't help but ask you say it all again. I tried to write it down, but I couldn't find a pen..."

Maya squeezes her eyes tightly before letting go of her legs flop down freely letting a sigh of frustration. "Why are you like this?" Maya asks herself staring of into the distance. "You're a little spoilt bitch that should have never born!" Maya yelled at herself. "No," a voice said. Maya jumped and quickly turned her head to see Lucas.

Maya was speechless. "Maya, lets go home," he calmly said. "Why don't you do that, I don't have one, I'll never have one," Maya said bitterly changing her gaze to the horizon again. "Maya listen to me! Your coming home with me now, and your going to return to being a sarcastic short little stack of pancakes who never cries because she is a strong, independent girl who makes fun of a ranger rick because she believes he is an huckleberry who sounds like, hahurr," Lucas rambles on.

"Not anymore..." Maya cries. Lucas quickly bent down and pulled her into a hug. Maya is crying into his chest. He is warm and alive whereas Maya is cold and dead. "Oh god Maya, your freezing," Lucas told her quickly taking off his jacket and rapping it around Maya's shoulders. Maya put her arms through the sleeves realising how cold she really was.