The Camp-Exchange Teacher

Reyna
Despite the fact that Reyna was dripping wet and exhausted, she was feeling pretty good.

Plunging into a lake at 123456789 miles per hour on a fiery mechanical dragon had woken up her senses. Throughout the seemingly endless fall, she was thinking, Woohoo! I'm about to be a charbroiled demigod in lake soup! while the others screamed their heads off.

After living in dingy dormitories and making meals out of meager fast food slop for months, falling straight to her death was a blessing.

Reyna had been going around the US, alright. But it's not for the reason Frank thought. Yes, she had been planning to go to college, but she had plenty of time to look for a university. She was searching for a girl, because of a dream that came to her one night.

She didn't tell anyone about her little mission. She knew that if she did, people would tell her that a nightmare about a girl surrounded by darkness wanting to be found was unreliable. It was too dangerous. They wouldn't let her go alone.

Heck, the dream scared her too. A girl with brutish features urging her to come looking? That was beyond weird.

She remembered that nightmare very well, and it still frightened her.

It started off alright. She was in the Garden of Bacchus, with her hot chocolate in hand. She was strolling, enjoying the fresh healthy breeze on her face. Then, the surroundings started to get wrapped in shadows. Strange figures rose from the tendrils of darkness, and a piercing scream punctured the silence.

In her dream, she drew her sword. The gold weapon glowed, but the darkness was strangely dense.

She ran around, trying to locate the source of the tortured voice, which sounded awfully familiar. Then she saw a little girl about ten years old.

The girl had black hair, which was damp with sweat and disheveled around her square face. She was dressed in tattered red robes. Blood was flowing down from her bruised lip.

"Save me," the girl rasped. "Find me and save me. I need you."

The dream ended with the black clouds thickening and choking Reyna. She woke up sweating, a scream stuck in her throat.

Reyna guessed that the girl was a demigod needing her help. And the dream was sent to her by the girl's godly parent. It made perfect sense to her, so she set off for a journey.

It was difficult, traveling from place to place, trying to keep a low profile. She had disguised as a student, she had taken different jobs. Monsters attacked everywhere. She had close shaves. She had to keep watching her back, because she had no one to do it for her.

She had found four demigods around America. The first she found was Cara Lewis, a black-haired, gray-eyed eleven year old girl from Denver. She googled about gryphons and got more than what she was asking for.

In a school in Missouri, Reyna rescued a thirteen-year-old boy named Will Desjardins, who was being chased by Laistrygonian giants. He pelted the giants with rocks which had no effect whatsoever, but he had perfect aim. The giants were hit in the most painful place possible before Reyna finished them off.

In the streets of Chicago, she came across fourteen year old Alec Jacobs. He had run away from home when he was ten and started living in the streets since then. He was a very skilled fighter, though his ordinary knife did not do any damage. In the end, Reyna killed the dracenae that had been chasing him and took him with her.

Lastly, she found Megan in Los Angeles. And no, Megan was not the girl she was looking for. Megan wasn't even a girl. Megan was a sixteen year old guy, and she found him flirting with empousai. Thankfully, he saw the hot evil ladies for what they really were before they made a meatloaf out of him.