Ave, Romae

=*=*=
Sooo... I didn't update for quite a while, that's why I've written this extra-long chapter. And I'm sorry if it's not really a continuation of the last one. I just sort of wanted to veer away from the problem and drop the bomb later on in the story.

Anyways, thanks again for reading this. I hope you don't get bored with my story. If you have any ideas for the next chapters, feel free to share. Thanks so much!

This is dedicated to @CarterCasterwill because she inspired me to write and simply because she's awesome. :)
=*=*=

Reyna
At breakfast, everyone was dressed for capture the flag -- the Greek version of war games.

Bronze breastplates and shields shone in the sunlight. The flash reflecting off about a hundred golden pilum and spatha were blinding. Reyna had to shield her eyes as she scraped off a portion of her meal into the fire. "For Bellona," she said, blinking spots out of her eyes.

"Hey, where's your armor?" Frank asked through a mouthful of pancakes. His chain-link and greaves gleamed and his purple cloak billowed. A helmet with a purple plume was on the table beside his bow. "It's capture the flag, Reyna. Greeks versus Romans."

She eyed the SPQR banner sadly. She would've loved to participate. Nothing like a good old battle to clear your head. "I'm not allowed to join."

Hazel laughed. She just finished eating, and she was now fitting her helmet. "Jason reasoned with Annabeth. He said that if the Greeks have their best strategist, it's only fair that we have ours. So you're in."

Reyna set the record on the fastest to wear full armor after hearing that.

She was glad for the chance at battle. As she thought of strategies, her mind reveled at the familiar zone. She felt better already. The nightmare was starting to fade.

The Romans fell in line as soon as they discussed their new tactics. She covered the loopholes and made fortifications to their original plan. Cara, her undetermined recruit, chose to be on their team. The praetors took the lead with Jason, who was holding the legion's eagle. A hundred heavily-armed and organized demigods surely was a sight to behold.

The Greeks on the opposite side shifted uncomfortably. She spotted Annabeth, Percy and Piper, who were in front. Nico was easy to single out because of his jet-black armor.

Reyna faced her ranks, willing her strength to spread right down to the very last person. She raised the SPQR flag and yelled, "Senatus Populusque Romanus!"

The Twelfth Legion Fulminata echoed her cheer, and they were off to war.

Nico
When Nico saw the golden bazookas, he knew the Greeks were goners.

He and Piper along with the Apollo campers were assigned to guard their flag, which was raised on a sloping hill overlooking the forest. The Purple Team's flag was at the Zeus's Fist 2.0 (the second version, that is, which just sprouted after the Giant War), and the Athena and Hermes campers were the ones to get it. Percy and the Aphrodite kids guarded the border, which was the creek. The Ares, Demeter and Hecate campers were in charge of offense and defense, whichever was needed. The Hephaestus party rigged up all sorts of nasty tricks and traps.

It was a pretty good plan for Nico. The Apollo kids were up the trees hiding and ready to shoot. Percy was submerged and ready to whip up a whirlpool to splash the enemies. The Hecate campers had some pretty wicked magic up their sleeves. Pig balls and every cool stuff.