Chapter 3: Amberlynn

*Picture above is Amberlynn*
**Video above is "Heaven Knows" by The Pretty Reckless**

-Written by Dollangangergirl

*Amberlynn's POV*

Time seemed to stop as hot tears welled up in my eyes.

That man was my father and I had never known? He was still in the underworld, unknowing as to where his child was...or if I was even alive?

I tried not to start sobbing as I stood up from the table. But it was too much to ask and, soon enough, water was gushing from my eyes like a fountain.

"Sweetie, are you ok?" Mother asked, concern clear in her features as I turned on my heel.
"I'm fine, mama." I lied shakily. After I answered, I looked back at her before dashing down the hall to my room. I hoped Mom wouldn't catch up until I was ready to leave.

This was all just too much to take in. My head felt like it was going to explode. I didn't know where I was going to go, but I just needed to get away.

I flung open my closet door and yanked out the backpack I had been using for school. I thought about the school I would be leaving behind when I left; the school I had always loved that had never loved me back. I had almost no friends, so I didn't see it as a loss. All of the people said they sensed something 'weird' about me.

I took in a choked breath as I threw in everything that I thought I would need if I was going to do what I wanted.

I was thinking about ripping off that garnet amulet and throwing it to the floor, but I just didn't have it in me.

My tears changed from fast flowing and angry to slow and unforgiving. Why had my dad been left behind instead of me?

As I zipped up my bag, which now contained enough money for a week's worth of food, a journal, and a map of the city. I was going somewhere else, where no lies about my past would follow me. I had always wondered why those first few years of my life had been so empty.

My mother had always been upset, and I would ask why. I was only three, and yet I still remember that she told me my father had died in a car crash. It wouldn't be until later I realized how ironic that lie was.

"Where are you going?" my mother queried, a horrified gasp escaping her mouth as I slung my backpack over my shoulder.

"Anywhere but here," I answered coldly, narrowing my eyes and avoiding her gaze. For once in my life, I wanted to hate people. Hate the world and everything in it.

What did I do to deserve this?
I had never had the proper dad, and now he was literally waiting for me in hell? Can it be true? Or is she lying to me-just like she apparently always does?

I tried to stop my tears as I watched new ones form in mother's eyes, threatening to fall as I pushed past her in the narrow doorway.

"Please, don't leave!" she pleaded desperately as I started walking faster, still not getting her off my heels. "Amber, I lost your father, I can't lose you, too!"

"And why didn't you take him up here with us, then?" I snapped harshly, about to break down and fall on my knees.

"I was doing what was best for you," was all she replied. She sounded so solemn, yet so calm. It scared me.

"And how would you know what was best for me when I wasn't even born yet!?" I screamed chokingly, trying to imagine being with my Father.

But it was hard, considering I never got the chance to meet him. I never even got a choice in the matter. These thoughts just fueled my anger.

I had reached the front door and I turned to my mother as slowly and painfully as possible, a new dam of tears breaking in my hazel eyes that were probably now a bright green.

"I-I can't lose you," she whispered softly.

I felt sympathy for her, but I shook it off. The truly sad thing was, I wasn't even mad at her.

I knew deep down, that something had been keeping my dad down there, because he wanted to come with us, and mom was going to let him. It really did seem like she loved him.

So who or what was forcing him to stay? Was anything really keeping him there?? Did he really want to be with us? Or were those just more lies from my mother?
Countless questions swarmed in my head, and, for once, I couldn't answer any of them. That was what pushed me to do what I did.

"Goodbye, momma," I bid her with a firm salute, confident I was making the right choice.

I hurried out the door and went to cross the sidewalk and wild grasses that were taking over our front yard.

I could hear my mother's protest behind me as I walked out into the evening air, the sun setting over the horizon as I made my way out.
'I'm going to find you, daddy,' I thought to myself. 'I promise.'

Sadly, much to my mother's dismay, I hadn't been paying attention when I crossed the road; a rule that everyone was taught at a very young age. Including me.

But, in my haste, I hadn't bothered to look either way.

Even with my vision blurred by tears, I could clearly make out the headlights of a vehicle, moving too fast for me to move out of the way.
I froze with fear, rooted to the spot where I stood while my glassy eyes widened.

The last things I heard were the screeching of tires and my mother's terrified cry. "AMBERLYNN!"

And then it all went black for me.