Chapter 6: Katelyn

-Written by kk_love_books

*Katelyn's POV*

Rather than going with them, I invited them inside. Making my job unbelievably easy.

Playing the part of a mourning mother wasn't a stretch, however my tea making skills left something to be desired. So I went with lemonade.

It was simple, slipping the Clonazepam into their drinks.

But, I didn't bother fighting after they knocked me out. Instead, I focused doing something productive. Such as finding the garnet necklace I gave to Amber. Since I could only search when I was asleep, unconscious, or near death, I decided to give it a try.

It felt like I was searching around aimlessly in the dark, hour upon hour. It is such a weird sensation, to be walking, but have no ground beneath you.

I had to go deep into my subconscious, and what I was trying would only work if she wanted to talk to me. I so hoped she wanted to talk to me.

You see, the stone in her necklace has almost magical abilities, when used by the right people. Only descendants from Hades' bloodline could use these stones, correctly.

If this worked, then I would be able to communicate with her basically through telepathy. Only she would be able to hear me and it would only last for a short amount of time. There was a lot of variables, but I had to give it a try. My baby girl's life and my sanity were on the line.

It probably didn't help that I didn't exactly know what it was I was looking for either. I was just hoping I would know it when I saw it.

But as luck would have it, I did. After what must have been at least half an hour of searching I saw a bright red light, glowing like a bright sun in the night sky. I guess she really is the light of my life. I thought to myself, almost mustering up a smile.

I reached out my hand and touched the light. For a moment my hand burned intensity, then the next I'm somewhere else completely.

I was in an, all too familiar, small, poorly lit cage. I saw a boy around Amber's age standing, talking to me. It's almost like watching a movie from the main character's point of view.

It soon dawns on me that it's not me he's talking to, but Amberlynn. It must have worked, I realized.

'Amber, sweetie. Can you hear me?' I asked hopefully.

"Momma?" She said out loud, looking around frantically.

I laughed lightly. 'I'm here angel. Well, sort of.'

"What do you mean?" She wondered.

'I'll explain it later. All you need to know right now is that I'm coming for you, and to be careful who you trust. If you see your Dad only tell him your first name. I love you, sweetie, so much.' I told her quickly, feeling the connection slipping.

"Wait!" She cried!

But I was already gone. Pulled back into reality, not by choice. My baby girl was in a cage, from what I could tell. She was scared, rightfully so, and I had just left her.

A single tear made its way down my cheek, before I got myself together and dare to open my eyes.

The first thing I noticed was rope binding my hands together, as well as my feet. Then I realized I was sitting in a sturdy wooden chair against a wall- nailed to the floor. I tried to take notes of all my weapons and came up almost empty. No knives, no gun, no switchblade. But they obviously didn't view my ring as a weapon, considering it was still safely wrapped around my middle finger on my right hand.

I'll give them props, they've eliminated my first 5 escape plans... 5 out of 15 that is.

Did they think that I wouldn't have a backup plan? This is the 21st century, I think.

Another tear managed to escape as I again thought of Amberlynn being in that dreadful place and how I have to get back to her soon.

"Has being on earth really made you that weak?" A voice, that I never wanted to hear again, mocked.

I smiled sarcastically and spat, "Why don't you tell me, Vincent, considering you're the expert on being weak last time I checked."

He glared at me, but I shrugged it off. So, he grabbed a knife from a table nearby, that I didn't notice. So much for me being alert about my surroundings.

He smiled wickedly and brought the knife to my forearm, making a medium size cut.

I didn't even flinch as I watched dark red liquid ooze out of the cut. Instead, I gasped, "Please stop, you're tickling me!"

He got close to my face and told me something. But all I could think was, His breath smells really bad.

Once he was done talking I rolled my eyes and head budded him, hard. So hard that I started to get a headache and my ears we ringing slightly, but I grinned through the pain, because seeing him sin more pain was all worth it.

Vincent staggered back, clutching his now bleeding forehead. "What the hell was that for?" Haha, hell.

"Aww, I'm sorry, did I hurt you? Suck it up." I cooed, my voice turning venomous at the end.

He started to make his way towards me, dizzily and disoriented. "Try that again, see what happens." He warned me.

"Cut the crap and just tell me why I'm here." I dead panned, feeling more like my old self.

He smirked and replied, "So that your Daughter and her Grandpa can have some quality time."

I could feel the anger rising up inside me. He knew. He knew my baby was in Hell. And he was mocking me about it.

"What was that? You have a deathwish? Oh, I very much believe that." I chuckled darkly, anger and revenge being the only things on my mind.

My little girl. He, of all people, didn't get to talk about my little girl!!

Suddenly, the ropes binding my hands and feet snapped. I stood up and smirked at his reaction. His eyes went wide, his jaw went slack, and all of the color from his face vanished. He was frozen in shock.

"See you in Hell!" I chirped, a little too happily, right before snapping his neck and watching grimly as his body hit the floor with a thud.

'Now how the hell do I get out of here?' I asked myself as I scanned the hideous room I was trapped in.