Chapter 8: Katelyn

*Song above is Castle by Halsey*

-Written by @kk_love_books

*Katelyn's POV*

I let my eyes warily wonder across the windowless room. I saw bare, cement walls with only two small vents in total; which almost made me loose hope. But I soon spotted a door, a stainless steel door with about 10 locks on this side of it. Locks on which I didn't have the keys for nor the time to pick.

The floor was canvased with stains of all kinds. Old and new, some visible and others not, many different shapes and sizes, molds and bacterias must thrive in this place.

Okay. So the building itself isn't going to be any help. But what about the gifts he left me? I thought darkly, looking at the table of 'torture' instruments, as he called them.

I grabbed whatever I could find, which included various knives, vials of strange liquids (no doubt some holy water) which I would have to be careful with, and a small garnet blade. Just the right size to fit in the small sleeve pocket near my palm.

That was why I could only buy certain materials and brands of clothing. I had to make sure I could sow in the extra pockets and little hiding spaces in my jackets, jeans, and socks.

Once I was done stocking up,  I tried to get my thoughts together.

But too many things were racing through my mind. Amberlynn. Her Father. My Father. How to get out. Can I even get out in time?

Ugh! I ran my hands over my face in frustration. None of this was helping me get to my daughter!! I caught a glimpse of my garnet ring glowing.

I'm so stupid!! I scorned myself!  My garnet ring works in here!

I closed my eyes and focused on the inside of the gates of hell. I felt my hair flying in all directions and a rush of overwhelming power and confidence.

When I opened my eyes, I was there.

The reddish brown ground beneath me, with the occasional pit of despair, reminded me that I was home. The fire covered gates behind me had cast my shadow and made me look almost evil.

A nearby demon, probably a guard, had the guts to look at me weirdly and shout, "Who are you?"

I glared at the tan skinned man with a nasty haircut, assessing the danger level of each response going through my head.

I finally decided on, "What, don't you recognize me? I'm your worst damn nightmare." Right before I burned his face off with the fire that shot out of my hand.

I physically cringed. Evil just doesn't suit me anymore.

"Sorry! That was rude of me, but you'll heal in a couple days. And, thanks for not putting up a fight!" I called to the guard, who was now laying on the ground.

I looked off into the distance and saw a minefield of obstacles that would delay me finding my daughter. Great. Hell's changed, a lot. I'm not sure if I can find my way back to the castle.

So, I went with my best shot... And shouted into the void of mass torture with my demon voice, "AMBERLYNN LAUREN DOLLANGANGER!! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?!"

I waited for a response. A sign. Anything.

And I was greeted with nothing. Except the sound of my heart breaking slightly.

________________________
Hi guys! I am SO SO sorry that I haven't updated in a while (especially to Dollangangergirl ) and that this chapter is so short. It's just a filler chapter, but I promise that the next few chapters will be more... exciting, to say the least.