Chapter 5: Poison

Sorry that this is a day late; stuff happened in the form of this guy who had a crush on me in like elementary school who can't take a hint... This is why I hide in my room and never social life. But here's the chapter, better late than never. Medical-nin awesomeness ahead! This chapter was way too fun to write. (Way more fun than it really should have been...) Enjoy!

--------------------------

     I left Kakashi standing in my kitchen and turned to Udon, "I'm going to run ahead to the hospital now, thank you for coming and getting me."

     I dashed across the rooftops to the hospital. I wasn't going at my top speed, I was too tired for that and I didn't want to run into anything, but I was still going pretty fast. I dropped down in front of the main door and marched right up to the desk.

     "I heard that I was needed for a poisoning case."

     Tsukimi was sitting behind the desk and handed me a clipboard, "Room 302." With a nod, I picked up the documents and sprinted up the stairs as quickly as I dared in a semi-crowded building.

     When I walked into the room, Tsunade was pouring her chakra into a convulsing man wearing the tattered remains an ANBU uniform, thrashing around in pain.

     I stood on his other side, and pushed my chakra into his body as well to see what was wrong. "Why hasn't he been given any pain medication?"

     Tsunade glanced up at me, "We're unsure of how it will react with the toxin."

     He must have been in an incredible amount of pain. Now I knew why Udon had said that the standard methods of removing poison weren't working: his own body was the acid. His tissue was eating itself alive.

     "What the hell is this? Are you sure that it was a toxin and not a jutsu?"

     Lady Tsunade nodded towards a thin cut on his right shoulder, "It was on the blade. He made it all the way back to the village before his own organs began eating themselves."

     What kind of poison can turn a body into an acid? Now I knew why I had been called in. While Tsunade and Sakura are technically better medics than I am, I have all of the advanced chemical knowledge from my old world. It was a little rusty at this point, but I was a nerd who pretty much lived and breathed the stuff so I hadn't forgotten too much. I still knew how acids and bases worked, that's for sure.

     "Do we have any calcium gluconate? Hexaflourine?" The aide in the room shook her head, "What about magnesium hydroxide? That should at least slow it down."

     She gulped, "We have mostly herbal remedies here, but I'll see what I can find."

     I removed my hands as my chakra started to become dangerously low. I still hadn't fully recovered yet from running earlier today.

     Tsunade sent me a look that I knew meant that she wanted me to explain the orders that I had given so that's what I did. "Magnesium hydroxide is a base so it should help stabilize the pH of his blood. However, it's not my first choice because it will react with more than just the acid itself, potentially causing more damage. The calcium gluconate and hexaflourine are how they treat hydrofluoric acid burns in my old world. I don't know if this is fluorine based, but I think that our best bet is to treat it as such so opioids can be used to treat the pain without putting the patient under any added danger."

     The aide had come back with an aqueous solution of magnesium hydroxide, and I took it from her as I sent her out of the room to get a drip of the most powerful opium based pain killer that they had on hand.