Chapter 4

Third Person POV??? IDEK
Malia slowly turned over when waking
up, only to find Stiles staring at her.
"Damnit Stiles, you scared me!" She gave him a playful punch in the side. They both started to laugh.
"Well good morning to you to, sleepy head." She gave him a quick smile and got up, and realized she hasn't packed a bag.
"Uhh... Stiles..? Do you think I could wear one do your flannels or something I didn't bring a bag.." She asked.
"Yeah, sure. I can't find a flannel though," he continued going through his closet. "-a hoodie will have to do." He tossed her the hoodie and a pair of sweatpants. She went into the bathroom and changed. Stiles had an unopened toothbrush in his cabinet, so she opened it and brushed her teeth. After getting ready, she walked out with her hair in a messy bun. She slipped on her shoes and waited at the door for Stiles. Once he appeared, they each made their way to the jeep to go to school.
"So, do you like Beacon Hills so far?" Stiles questioned trying to make small talk.
"Yeah. There are a lot of nice people." She replied. The ride was silent for the rest of the drive. Once they arrived at school, they walked to math together. Once Malia saw the board she panicked. She didn't understand anything that was written on there.
"Malia..? You okay? Are you going to go in the room...?" Stiles asked.
"Stiles, I can't do this.. I'm just going to uh.. Skip. Yeah, I'm going to just skip math." She said shakily. Stiles grabbed her hand and yanked her into the room. Malia began to feel nervous as he took her hand and let her to a seat. He was a nice guy— far nicer than Theo. She liked him. A lot.. After taking a ton of notes, stiles led her to to the lunch room. At his table sat Allison, Scott, Lydia, Kira, Isaac, and Liam.
Malia's POV
Scott gave Stiles a smirk and fist bumped him while looking my way.. Odd.
"Everyone, this is Malia." Stiles announced. I smiled at everyone, and everyone smiled at me. Everyone but Lydia. She sat there studying me and then looked down at my hoodie. Oh god, is that his girlfriend? Does she think I'm taking him from her? I began to let my thoughts take over. I didn't even realize stiles has said my name.
"Mal..?" His voice suddenly took my thoughts away and brought me into reality. My head jolted up.
"Yeah?" I asked.
"Lydia and Allison were wondering if you'd like to go shopping after school. You know, to get to know you." Stiles explained. Allison smiled at me. Lydia just sat there, once again, studying me. I decided to ignore her staring.
"I'd love to." I said. But I was lying, I was dreading this. Even looking at Lydia made me nervous. I sat in silence for most of lunch, just occasionally making small talk with Kira. As soon as the bell rang, I wasted no time getting out of there. I checked my schedule and started heading to my next class. Every seat was taken but one. There was one seat left, and it was next to Lydia. Of course. I walked over and sat down. She gave me a dirty look. It's almost as if she could see into my mind and read every single thing I thought or imagined about stiles. I tried to ignore her death glare, but it got too hard to ignore it.
"Is something wrong?" I questioned her.
"Not. At. All." She said in a steady voice. I was beyond scared, so I just turned my attention to the worksheet I was highlighting. After the longest minutes of my life, the bell finally rung. I jumped out of my seat and fled to my locker. Stiles must of saw the horrified look o my face because he stopped me.
"Everything okay Mal?" He asked me. He sounded genuinely concerned.
"Not really... Lydia has been looking at me like she is a serial killer and I'm her next target. Honestly, I'm terrified of her." Stiles just laughed.
"Lydia is always the spotlight. To be honest, I used to like her. Used to. I gave up on her though, she just ignores me. Anyway, she is probably just mad that you took the spotlight from her during lunch. That's all." He explained to me.
"Okay thank god. Well, I'm gonna go walk home. It was nice talking to you." I said kindly.
"Hey uh-um do you want me to take you home? I mean, I can just drop you off." He offered.
"Yeah, I'd love that. Thanks." I flashed him a smile. We walked out of the school chatting about random things when Lydia saw us. She gave me her signature death glare and we kept walking. I hopped into the passenger side of his jeep and we were silent until we got to my house. I reached in my bag to search for my key. Then all the color drained from my face.
"Oh shit." I muttered.
"Everything okay?" Stiles asked.
"Not really, I don't have my key and my dad isn't home. I can just wait for him to get home.." I said as I opened the door, but stiles grabbed my arm.
"Wait wait wait, you can just stay at my place for a bit. My dad won't mind." He told me.
I was screaming on the inside, but I kept my composure. I smiled.
"That'd be great."
••
I'm sorry I barely do anything with this book >~< I've been busy and my phone broke so that's wonderful. Anyway, I'll try to keep on writing this.. But I won't be able to for a bit. I'm going on vacation with a friend, but I can try to squeeze in a chapter. I'm sorrryyyy. Forgive me <3