Tuesday...

Day 2 right?

i woke up to darkness..with a little bit of light from lion..

i wonder why he's glowing..hmm

i sit up and notice Connie was looking up

"Hey, wh-whats wrong"

she sighed and looked over to me

"Steven..i don't know if i really wanna fight..i just wanna go to the surface and have everything be ok..."

she looked down

i walked up to her...

"Honestly..i dont want to either...."

'Hmm?"

I sat next to her and rested my back against the wall..

"I wanna be a kid still..I wanna just do normal kid stuff an d not have to worry about fight to keep earth around...but.."

"But what?" she said

i looked over at her with slightly wet eyes...i rested my hand on hers

"But...im glad i get to do it with you.."

she smiled and me and i smiled back... i felt like was in a deep trances...that wouldn't let me take my eyes off of hers..

we were blush and holding hands for what felt like years..but in reality it was probably like for a minute...

she stood of and broke the spell..

tragic..

"We, should probably make this place feel like home..i mean if we're gonna be here for a while.."

i stood up and was a little upset

"yea..i..i guess we should...i,,ill go see what i have.."

i walked over to our gear bag and Connie's..

i felt her eyes one me..i feel she noticed i wasn't the happiest...but its true..i wanted to sit with her and hold her hand forever...i want her...

"Hmm..we have food..paper.....markers...candles? soap? matches..? flowers? and picture? and a bunch of other stuff..Connie when did yo grab all this?"

"while you were grabbing your stuff" she came up behind me and rested her hands on my shoulders.

i got really tense and blushed...

"w-well she should draw and set some stuff up....m...maybe light some candles and eat"

she smiled

"that would be great! like a date!! oh this is gonna be fun plus im stravinnggggg!!"

after a while it felt nice..there were nice smelling candles that really lit up the place..but you could defiantly tell we were underground..in some pre made hiding hole

should i say it now...while were on a 'date'

no no..not yet....

"Steven..."

i got out of my thoughts and looks at her...

"yea..?"

"thank you for doing this with me...i was just scared and wanted to make the place look less like a grave..."

she walk around and sat next to me and rested her head on my shoulder...

"youre the best friend a girl could ask for..'

OOUCHHH

right in the heart..."best friend..no no..i want to be you're boyfriend..i love you..... but I'm to weak to tell you

I gulped and wrapped my arm round her...

"You're welcome.."

we sat there laying on each other gazing at the flames of the candle. till the dirt was around us started shaking...

it felt like...people where running above us..

"Steven.."

"Connie..."

we looked at each other and held each other close...

Dirt specks fell all around us..

lion even sat up..

we started up top..hoping nothing was gonna dig or look for us...

Then connie started crying...

"Steven, i dont wanna do this anymore! i want my family..i wanna grow up and have a family..i don't wanna be stuck underground or fighting a huge gem army !! don't get me wrong i love doing this stuff with you but..but.."

before she could finish i embraced her with a hug...

"Its gonna be ok...because im here for you..and its less scary for me cause..well you're here..by my side..and you're not quiting on me..so as long as you here..ill be ok and ill stay strong for you because i..i.."

she started pulling away from the hug and i was blushing hard core...

"because you what steven?..."

this is it..wait no..i cant do it/// ABORT MISSION !

"Because..umm..i have to go to the..umm...Bathrooom..."

"what?"

jeez..i keep messing this up...if im gonna tell her..i need to do it soon...before its too late....

(( Hope you enjoyed this chapter!! im loving this short story stuff!! i might do it more often haha..anyway leave a like and lemme know how much you liked it !! love you guys !! ))