Thursday..

It was all dark

i slowly started to come to and realize my surroundings..it looked like i was in a lab..

I noticed curtains and could hear voices all around me..and groans..

"Yes ma'am..i can go check on him.."

"Connie?"

She opened the curtain and stood by me with a clip board..

"CONNIe YOU'RE OK!!"

i jumped up and gave her a hug..usually she hugged back and was full of life..she just felt so drained..

"Connie?.."

"Steven Quartz..You are a Gem correct..?"

"Um..yea, you know this..Connie what's..?" she cut me off..

"Your gem..its powerful, no?"

"It is but Connie.." she just kept going and didn't even care about what i had to say..

"So..you're a rock correct? i can...use you..?"

i got angry..

"Im 'part' rock..but that doesn't matter its not like im going to let you use it..its apart of me...."

I got even more angry

"Why am I even explaining my self?!"

I put my hands on her shoulders..

"Connie.."

she finally looked up from her clip board and looked me in the eyes and looked really mean

"Then i dont care about you.." she started walking off..

i was heartbroken..

she...she doesnt care?..

i had all this rage building up i didnt know what came over me but i jumped up and grabbed her arm..

She looked down at my hand and then back at me..

"Corrupted.."

"What no.." my eyes started to water

"Connie, dont you recognize me?"

she gave me a blank stare..and then check her board..

"You're steven of course.. the hybrid?"

I was in shock..

"What did they do to you up here.."

she flung me off..

"You're a corrupted Steven to be exact and need to be removed...you aren't useful....ill inform our leader.."

Leader..?

she flung me off her and left immediately..i had to follow..i had to see what was going on up here..

I snuck around every corner i could..watching many gems get shattered ..or caged up..

i wanted to hurl..

Then i found the blue and green gem that took Connie.. she was standing i front of a class..behind the class had a chair..and lighting was flashing..

By the time the lights were gone i could see what was sitting in it..

"humans.." i whispered to myself..

They did this to connie..

Question is though..is there a way i could get her back...she seems long gone..

i have to trigger her memories with us right? something like that? like in the movies..?

Does this mean i have to tell her..that..that i love her..

do i have to do something drastic..like turn myself in and get put into my gem..but i dont even know if ill come back out..

"i have to try.."

I kept thinking..I don't even know what I'm doing ...

I sat down and put my head in my knees..

"Why did I drag Connie into this...I ruined her life..she would have been 10xs safer with her family..with out me...I screwed up.."

I just started balling my eyes out.... And sat there as I watched all this destruction go on around me...

I sniffles and slowly got up..

"No..I have to try..."

"I have to try to save everyone!! I can do this on my own!'

The gems are on the battle field and I'm in the sky..

I can't give up ..

Not like this..

I'm coming for you Connie... Im gonna save you..