3

I definitely had nothing to be worried about. As soon as I met Maria, I loved her.
She was of medium height with long brown hair and she was wearing a loose blouse with jeans and sandals. She had a lot of silver bangles and necklaces on and her skin was a beautiful shade of caramel, no doubt down to the Costa Rican sun.

"Owen!" She called excitedly once we got off the boat and into the small port. She was standing grinning with a bunch of flowers and Owen returned the grin, pulling me over to her.

"Mom! What are you doing here?! I thought we were meeting you back at the house?!" Owen said, giving her a hug and leaving me awkwardly standing there.

"Well I wanted to surprise you!" She said and then turned to me with a beaming smile, "you must be Rosie! I'm so happy to finally meet you!"

"It's so great to meet you too Maria." I said warmly and she pulled me in for a hug. She smelt like flowers and sun lotion and her hair tickled my face.

"Come on! Let's get back to the house!" She said, linking arms with both of us. She took us to a small convertible and I hopped in the front seat whilst Owen sat in the back.

"So how's life in Jurassic World?" She asked me.

"It's pretty insane." I admitted.

"I still can't believe you guys work with living dinosaurs." She said.

"I know," Owen said.

"I still believe that-"

"Oh here we go again!" Owen chuckled.

"What?" I asked with a grin.

"Get ready for my Mom's lecture on how we are risking our lives everyday." He laughed.

"Owen, all I'm saying is that it is a highly dangerous place to work and I worry about you all the time." She said firmly.

"Yeah mom and that's why over ten thousand people visit in a week." Owen retorted.

"Well that's because they have you amazing people looking after them... Anyway, enough of that, over breakfast tomorrow we can talk. I guess you guys are pretty tired?" Maria asked.

"I'm exhausted." I told her.

"You don't look it! You look radiant, like really glowing!" Maria said and I smiled.

"Thank-you," I glanced quickly towards my stomach, "we have so much to tell you."

"I cannot wait to hear it all tomorrow." She said before we pulled up outside a sleek looking house with palm trees outside lining the driveway.

"Jesus, this is where you live?!" I gasped and Owen chuckled.

"Yes, it's amazing. I'm so glad Owen convinced me to move." She said with a smile, pressing a button which shut the electric gates after we had driven into the driveway.

Maria let us into the house which was decorated sleekly with large leather sofas, shiny kitchen appliances and a wide garden with a white gate that led down to a beautiful beach a few feet downwards. The house wasn't large, but I guess she didn't need it large, and as much as I told myself not to jump ahead too far ahead, I could just picture our baby running around here. Maria had been fussing around us after our arrival, giving me a brief tour before she noticed my drooping eyes.

"I guess you guys want some sleep?" she asked, rubbing my arm as I leant into Owen's side, "Owen will show you to your room, sleep well, and don't worry about getting up too early in the morning. The sun waits for you here."