11

"So, what are you thinking for the baby shower?" Claire asked me over lunch one day. We were eating at one of the more upmarket places in Jurassic World, and I was being bombarded with questions about the baby.

"Well I wasn't actually planning on having one..." I said quietly, wincing as I saw her shocked reaction.

"You must have a baby shower. You are having one." she said firmly, attacking her salad with force and shaking her head.

"I can't be bothered to plan it all, parties just aren't my thing." I said with a smile.

"Well the whole point of a baby shower is that your friends plan it, so let me and Cara take care of it." she said with a smirk. Cara was probably my second closest friend on Isla Nublar next to Claire, so I gave in.

"But you've done so much for me already, I don't want you doing this too Claire." I said feebly.

"Oh shut up Rosie. I know you'd do the exact same for me, so I don't want to hear it."

"Okay but... I don't want it to be extravagant, I don't want loads of people, just something subdued and relaxed." I hastily added.

"Of course, leave it all to me. I mean us." she quickly added, but I laughed at her. I knew how badly she loved organising things. As I chuckled, I winced and grabbed my stomach and Claire looked over, concerned.

"Are you okay?!" she asked, "Oh shit, ARE YOU IN LABOUR?" everyone in the restaurant turned and looked at me, and I blushed furiously.

"Claire, shut up! Of course I'm not in labour, I've just been having these cramps." I groaned, but then it passed and I sat up normally.

"Does Owen know about these cramps?" Claire asked skeptically, sipping on her water.

I shook my head, "There's no need to worry him when it's nothing, honestly. I'm fine." Claire raised her eyebrow, "I'm fine!" I said.

But Claire wasn't convinced, and she made me promise to call her if I needed anything and Owen wasn't around.

Me and Owen were lying in bed trying to sleep, but I couldn't considering the cramps were still shaking my body. As they came I stiffened up, and I knew Owen could feel it.

"Rosie?" he said into the darkness, but we were cuddling so I felt his breath on my neck.

"Yeah, babe?" I said.

"Is everything alright, you kind of seem... tense." he asked worriedly.

"Yeah...um... everything's fine, I'm fine. Go back to sleep." I said, trying to sound bright, but my voice was strained.

"No, it's not." Owen said, turning on the light.

"Don't lie to me, if something is wrong with you or the baby, I need to know! We need to do something!" I was about to respond and protest when a painful cramp washed over me and I arched off the bed and groaned.

"Owen, please, I need to see a doctor." I gasped, "I think something... Something is wrong."

It all happened so quickly after that. One minute I was lying in bed, the next Masrani's private helicopter was landing at the side of our bungalow to get me straight to the big hospital on the mainland. Owen had called Claire of course, who just so happened to be having a drink with Masrani.

I slipped unconscious a few times on the journey, but I vividly remember Owen clutching my hand tightly and repeatedly kissing my head, and I remember Claire silently crying next to him. Barry was up front with Masrani who was driving, quite dangerously, but nobody cared. They just wanted to get me to a doctor.