14

Owen and I lay cuddling in bed the next morning. There was such a blissful atmosphere as I sleepily gazed at my ring. Owen was flat out on his back and I had my back to him but I lay on his outstretched arm with a pillow propped under my stomach. It was the only comfortable way to sleep.

"Good morning to my fiance." he murmured sleepily. I giggled as he stretched and rolled over and spooned me.

"I can't believe last night happened." I sighed.

"Believe it baby." he replied, pulling me even closer to him, "we have work soon."

"Don't remind me." I groaned. I was so tired from lack of sleep due to Owen and then the baby moving that the last thing I wanted to do was spend a day on my feet in the blistering heat.

"Are you feeling alright?" he asked worriedly.

"I'm okay. Just tired." I responded. I knew a shower would make me feel better so I swung my legs out of bed and heaved myself up.

"Don't leave me." Owen whined.

"I've got to shower before I go crazy." I said, walking into the bathroom.

Owen insisted we go to the cafeteria for breakfast, and I knew that Claire and Barry probably wanted to see me after last night. I had no doubt they were in on it.

"LET ME SEE IT!" a voice squealed from behind me as I waited in line to get fruit. I grinned and turned around and saw Claire coming at me with out stretched arms. I hugged her and she grabbed my hand, gasping once she saw it.

"Jeez this must have cost a fortune." she marvelled.

"I absolutely love it. You must have helped him pick it out." I added quickly, raising an eyebrow at her.

"I honestly didn't. He only told me and Barry the plan, he never showed us or got us to help." she explained. I felt even more love for Owen once I knew he had picked it out and planned it all himself.

"Congratulations anyway." Claire smiled, "I've had so much fun arranging the baby shower, I cannot wait to start the wedding preparations!"

"Well I hate to break it to you but we have decided to not have the wedding till at least next summer." I said. We had taken our trays to our usual table and were waiting for Owen and Barry.

"Why!" she whined, "I thought you wanted to be married as soon as possible."

"I know, but we want to get on our feet when the baby arrives and then we will start thinking of the wedding." I explained, "We'll have it here, obviously. On the beach."

"Oh I get it, but there's no harm in just browsing is there?" Claire asked hopefully and something told me she had already started looking in various brochures.

"I guess not." I laughed.

"Anyway, speaking of the baby shower, you haven't forgotten it's next Thursday night have you? The day before your last day at work?" Claire said casually whilst spooning granola into her mouth.

"Of course not." I said quickly, but with all of the excitement last night, I most definitely had.

"Hmmm okay. Come to mine for 5pm, alright?" She said and I nodded.

"Of course."

Next Thursday rolled around and Owen was whining whilst I got ready.

"Why can't I come?" he pouted.

"It's girls only, and besides, you would be super bored." I told him, wiggling the mascara wand through my lower lashes. Claire had told me it was a pastel yellow and pink theme for the shower so I was wearing a loose yellow sun dress and pale pink lipstick.