Chapter 8

"Please Wally! I fear something bad is happening and I feel awful for not helping him when I had a chance to, he is our friend. We must help him!" yelled M'gann through the mind link, grabbing ahold of Wally's full attention.

"Fine! I know something but you can't tell anyone else about it, okay?'' said Wally. M'gann nodded her head in agreement, curiosity filled her but also worry and fear.

She held her eyes on his green ones and saw sadness within them and her heart broke slightly, just she didn't know how much of it would break once they finished talking.

"Not here though, away from the others." said Wally in a hush voice even though they were speaking through the mind link only between the two of them.

"Why? The others can not hear us." M'gann stated, looking confused at her very fast friend.

"Because what I am going to say will make a scene, I know it." said Wally sadly and he lowered his head and walked passed her and out of the room. She waited for a moment then followed him. They walked down the hallway in silence until they came to the training room.

Wally sat down on the bench, bent over with his head down, not meeting M'gann. "Okay Wally, we are alone now. Please tell me what is the matter with our friend Robin."

"I believe Robin is depressed. He has been acting off lately and training more than usual and he said it is because he needs to, and I think he believes that he is less important than the rest of us and I went to help him and I found him alone and he had cuts on his wrists and he was so broken and....." Wally super sped talked.

"Whoa Wally slow down please." said M'gann.

"Oh sorry. I just got carried away. Anyways Robin is self harming and I am worried that..." said Wally but was cut off by a confused M'gann.

"Self-harming? We don't have this on Mars, but I think I understand what it is. Why would Robin be hurting himself?" said M'gann, her voice broke slightly.

"Beautiful, there are many reasons why someone would hurt themselves on purpose. I think Rob is doing it because he doesn't feel like he belongs or fit in with us and I know he is struggling to be this perfect hero we all came to know and count on. He is only 13 and he has been though so much, much more than you can know and I think over time it has broken him and he feels just so alone." said Wally. He looked up at the Martian before him, she had tears forming within her eyes.

"Oh my! This is all my fault! How could I not see him struggling so much. I knew he was upset and I ignored him. I made him feel alone and like none of us cared. How could I be such a terrible friend. It's my fault, it's all my fault. I should have....I could of...." M'gann said but was cut off by Wally. He had gotten up and walked over to her and pulled her into a tight hug. Her body began to shake and sobs began to come out. Wally rubbed her back in small circles and hushed her.
M'gann gripped tightly onto Wally's t-shirt and cried for a while.

"Hey Beautiful," Wally said pulling back from her and looking up at her very sad face. "It isn't your fault, okay. No one saw this, not even me and I am supposed to be his best friend. I thought I knew him better than anyone else but I was wrong. We couldn't have known because he hide it too well but now we have to be strong and be here for him. We gotta let him know that he is important and that we care about him."

M'gann nodded her head and whipped the tears away. "How do we find him? He disconnected his locator, what do we do?" she said with a sigh.

Wally inhaled sharply and thought for a moment. He then reached up and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Why don't you try to relax by making some comfort food for everyone. Don't worry, we will find him. I promise you, we will find Rob." said Wally. She nodded and flew out of the room and went straight to the kitchen, she still felt horrible and had tears still in her eyes. Wally heart broke seeing her light that. He reached up to his ear and hoped that Robin would answer him.
"Please Dick, be okay. Please!" thought Wally as he tried to contact him.