Teaser

Tyler's sweat drips from his forehead. Everything appears to be in slow motion as he looks down at the crowd. You scream along with everyone else. Your heart pounds in your ears as you take him in. Something feels different about seeing him in person.

          He locks eyes with you and stumbles, almost falling from the light post. The spark in your heart ignites and sends its red, fire like warmth to your cheeks. The song being played almost seems irrelevant to what you're seeing. You feel everything. You feel the excitement buzzing through the air with every drumbeat. The scent of so many people that it all blends together to smell almost like home. This is home.

          Time snaps back into place and you watch as Tyler climbs back down. He dances on stage as the lyrics pour from his lips. At this moment, you feel so far away but so close. You aren't hearing, but you're feeling. Tyler looks at you again before running across the stage towards his piano. As soon as his fingers strike the keys, all the sound comes rushing back. He begins the introduction to the rap in Forest. Your mind urges you to go towards him but your feet stay still.

          The air is red. So much energy. You return to your body and begin dancing and rapping along with Tyler. Shaking your head, you snap yourself out of the trance. "Is anybody out there?!" Tyler screams into the microphone. He gets so many voices in return. You smile to yourself and wish it was true.

          For you, it felt like nobody understood what you were going through. You felt alone. Even though you had friends and family, it left a hole. It left an indent that couldn't be filled.