Chapter 11

The apartment hallway is dark and uneasy. The sky shows that rain is coming. The door opens and you almost run straight into Tyler. "Hey." You laugh. He smiles and pulls you into a side hug.
"I was going to check the hall to see if you were coming or not. I made dinner. It's not much, but I worked with what I had."
You blush at his indirect comment on the food status of your apartment.
"I guess that's a sign I need you go shopping." You laugh and push open the door.
He pulls your chair out for you and gives a kind smile.

~
Dinner mostly consists of small talk about each other's day. You talk about work, and Tyler talks about the people he saw while at the park. Eventually, the two of you finish and are sitting on the small couch beneath the window. You sit in a comfortable silence until Tyler blurts out something you weren't expecting.
~

"So I went to Jenna's grave today." Tyler admits with a small smile. He has sadness in his eyes and heart, and the puffiness from crying still remains.
"I told her about how kind you are and how you're taking care of me. I told her how Josh and I are playing at a festival this upcoming summer. I told her how much I miss her and still wish she was around to experience this all with me."
You give a sad smile and reach out to touch his arm.
"I think it did help some. I feel happier."

"That's good, Ty." You smile in reply.

A soft rain begins to fall over the city rooftops and you open a window. The smell of rain on pavement was like medicine to you. It helped you focus in and concentrate on appreciating the little things.

"What are you doing, (y/n)?" Tyler walks over and joins you at the window.

"Watching the rain. Have you ever noticed how the sky is a soft blue-grey when it rains?" You turn and look at him. His brown eyes reflect the skyline and gloomy sky. He rests his chin on his arms and seems lost in the way the clouds form blankets over the Earth. The sounds of the city are dulled out by the rain hitting every surface in reach, quenching the plants that have been long forgotten outside of people's windows. The white noise of the rain makes your mind feel numb, but for once, in a good way. The soft wind brushes through Tyler's outgrown hair like you wish you could do.

"I haven't. But there is a soft blue. It's gentle and doesn't match well with the mood of rain." He shifts his eyes to you and you can see slight crinkles around his eyes from a small smile. "I think that rain can be really gloomy. But, it also refreshes everything."

You hum in agreement before resting your head on Tyler's shoulder. The sound and smell of the rain takes over your senses and pulls you into a gentle sleep.

"I told her I love you." Tyler whispers before kissing your forehead.

A short chapter. I haven't written in a long time and I apologize for that. School has made my mental health not the best, and I need to get back on track. I'll try to write more. Sorry again.

~emma