Chapter 16 - An Unwanted Kiss

Sorry for the short filler chapter and for the late update but I've been a bit busy.

Enjoy   J :) <3

Chapter 16 – An Unwanted Kiss

The amazing car revved its engine and the front crowds that stood admiring from the front soon scurried out of the way. It then sped off out of the school gates and down the street towards town.

“Love the car Rider, but why bring it to school with you?” Brooklyn secretly loved all the attention that she’d attracted, but she didn’t want to revel that to Rider.

“Well if we’re gonna break the rules we might as well do it in style,” Rider said with a grin on his face, occasionally glancing over at Brooklyn because he couldn’t quite believe she was now sat in the car he’d borrowed from his older brother.

“What rules?” Brooklyn looked at him with that cute confused face she did.

“Did your bother never tell you?” Rider sounded confused at the fact that Brooklyn had no idea what he was talking about. She shook her head and so he continued. “Well when he went off to university, Dallas thought that you might come to one of us, as his mates, for comfort and he told us all that if any of us took advantage then he’d break our necks.”

“But you’re not taking advantage.” Brook said still confused. “You asked me to come to town with you and I said yes.”

“Yes I know that but we both know that Dallas won’t see it like that, he’s unbelievably protective of you.” Rider started to look a little worried because he clearly wasn’t thinking about what Dallas would do when he suggested it.

But Brook saw the worried look and simply put her hand on his thigh and said: “so how exactly are we going to break these rules?”

~*~

They had gone in nearly every shop in town and Brooklyn had spent all of the £50 her mum gave her for the trip. It was nearly sun set and although she didn’t have to be back for hours Brook was sure what they still had to do. They walked around for a little while until the conversation died out and Brooklyn got bored. “What are we doing here?”

“Well you’ve just been shopping and brought a new top and now we’re walking around town.” Rider sounded confused as if everything in the world was as clear as a bell.

“No Rider I meant what are WE doing.” Brooklyn stopped and turned to face Rider.

“Well, I guess we’re on a date,” Rider’s tone suddenly changed and Brooklyn’s did too, so much for going to town as mates. “But only if you want to be, there’s no pressure at all.”

Brook really had no idea what to say and stumbled on her own breath before finally opening her mouth to say something. “Why now? You’ve known me for years and yet you choose now to ask me out. Why?”  She knew she shouldn’t question why the gorgeous rider wanted to go out with her but she knew that it would only haunt her if she didn’t get an answer.

“Well, before now the 4 year age gap just seemed too much but now you’re nearly 16 I guess it doesn’t matter anymore, plus me and your brother aren’t friends anymore and so I'm not breaking to bro code by going out with you.”  Up until he’d mentioned her brother Brook was willing to accept his answer and she actually didn’t mind it.

“Oh no, that’s not it, you just want to get back at Dallas and so you’re using his biggest weakness.” Brooklyn began to walk off but Rider soon followed.

“No Brook, that’s not what I meant it just makes things easier for us now that your brother and I don’t talk.” He tried to walk backwards in front of her but soon tripped over, Brooklyn wanted to laugh but she couldn’t break her poker face.

“So, that’s why you slept with Dallas’ girlfriend, so that you and he would fall out and you could try and go out with me. I have to say Rider; you’re not exactly helping your case here.” Brooklyn couldn’t believe what she was hearing and did consider slapping him around the face and walking away.

But before she could he started talking again. “You really think I'd do that Brooklyn?” he stopped walking and so that forced Brook to stop walking as well, but worst of all, people were now staring and if there’s one thing Brooklyn hated, it was people staring at her.

“Well I don’t know Rider, that’s the problem I don’t know if you’re telling me the truth or if it’s all a bunch of lies?” she went to move around him but instead, Rider grabbed her arms, pulled her in close to him and kissed her. As he pulled away he used Brooklyn’s stunned silence to ask her a question. “Did that sound like a bunch of lies?”

What was it with being unwillingly kissed by boys? The second time in two days and although Brooklyn enjoyed this one a little more but she really wished she had a little control.