Chapter 26 - It's A party

sorry for that late upload again, but hey, it's christmas. And this is a gift for all of my amazing friends (even if I do annoy/piss them off sometimes). I love you all <3

Chapter 26 – It’s A Party

Saturday rolled around and Brooklyn had just finished getting ready for the party, it didn’t start until 7 but as she lived do far away josh had said he would come and pick her up. He would be there and moment and Brooklyn’s mum was being very overprotective.

“No, yes, no, no yes.” Brooklyn called down the stairs to her mum as she tried to find her gold glitter heels.

“Brook, I haven’t said anything.”Her mum sat at the bottom trying to work out what Brooklyn was on about.

“Call it an early strike mum, I've just answered all the questions you’ll answer me before I leave tonight. No, Josh is not my boyfriend. Yes, there will be alcohol, but no, I will not have any of it. No there won’t be anything inappropriate going on. And finally, the most important of all, yes I will ring you, when I get there, when I want picking up and if anything happens. Now can you please help me find my shoes?” Brooklyn had been through the ‘pre-party chat’ so many times before that she knew exactly what her mum would ask before she asked it.

“What you mean these shoes on the bottom step that you put out this morning so you didn’t have this mad panic tonight?” Brooklyn’s mum picked up a pair of golden stilettos covered in glitter that were worth just over £70. Brooklyn shoved the shoes she’d discarded back into the cupboard and rushed down the stairs towards her mum and her favourite pair of shoes. “If Josh isn’t your boyfriend and you’re just friends as you’ve been trying to convince me all week, then why are you making such a huge effort tonight?” Brooklyn slipped on the shoes and completed her amazing outfit.

“Because, not that it’s any of your business, there are going to be a load of people from Dalton there and I want to make a good impression, is that ok?” Brook normally told her mum most things but if she didn’t want her to know something then she wouldn’t tell her.

“That’s fine, as long as you promise me you won’t do something stupid because you think it will get you liked, you’re only 15, don’t forget that.” Brooklyn was frantically checking her purse and bag, making sure she had everything she needed and just desperately praying that Josh would arrive soon.

“How can I, you never let me?” Brooklyn was beginning to get annoyed with her mum and because she was already on thin ice she knew she couldn’t get into an argument right now. She checked her phone for the fourth time in as many minutes and noticed a message from Josh. “Well, Josh is here so you can stop babying me now and let me go to this party.” Brooklyn checked her bags again and walked towards the door, she was still a little unsteady on her feet, but it meant she had a reason to grab onto Josh. Brooklyn walked steadily towards the window, peeled back the curtain and saw Josh already out of his car and walking towards the door. She jumped back inside before she was spotted and picked up her bags. “Now mum, can you please try and be just the tiniest bit normal for a few moments?” Brooklyn walked towards the door, took a deep breath and opened the door. “Hey.”

“Hey, you ready to go?” Josh looked her up and down from the glittery shoes up her pale legs, past her knees to her black and gold dress that had once called for her mum to question if there was now a difference between dresses and t-shirts regarding their length and then to her perfect make-up and hair.

“Yeah sure,” Brooklyn replied as she studied his outfit. She took a step towards Josh and the doorway when she heard a cough from behind her that was clearly deliberate. She turned around to see her mum edging her head towards them both. “Oh wait,” Josh was already heading out the door so Brooklyn grabbed his arm and he turned around. “Josh this is my mum, mum this is Josh. Can we go now?” Brooklyn turned to her mum and gave her a look that said ‘shut up and let me go’.