Present

Beep beep . The sound of my alarm woke me up so early Monday morning. I was so tired I hit the snooze button.
Ten minutes later I got up to my mom screening at me. I just ignored her and went about my daily routine. I showered, put on my uniform uggh I hate uniform,and went down to breakfast.

"Nelly, darling your dad is experiencing some financial difficulties..."my mom said "so?" I asked knowing very well what the answer would be .

"Do not speak to me in that tone young lady." I rolled my eyes not the least bit interested

"So... You won't be able to have that expensive party you asked for." Immediately she had my attention.

"What?" I asked pretending not to have heard " Sorry princess but we can't afford it . Your spending way too much."
"It doesn't matter " I said evidently upset " I'll find something else to do this weekend."

Later that day at school I was so upset I couldn't pay attention. I wasn't upset because I didn't get what I wanted but I was more concerned about my dad's business. He was my favorite of my parents but I didn't dare to tell my mom that.

That day in class it was quiet because I was upset and Karla had no one else to be loud with.
"Hey! What's wrong?" Karla asked , she was obviously concerned.
"I can't have my party " I said but she wasn't convinced cause she had that look on that says ' I know you lying 'and I just couldn't resist.
"Okay fine now stop looking at me like that." I said with a laugh
" My parents are going through  a financial crisis."  I said as soon as I had calmed down.
" Oh , I'm so sorry ."
" No worries I'll be fine just need to spend like A LOT less . So on a lighter note how was your weekend?" I asked because Karla always had these amazing weekends. This one time she went on a tour of the northern cape and only came back to school on Wednesday.
"Not as fun as it usually is I stayed at home and studied."

I was surprised cause Karla was not the "stay at home and study " type .She was more of a party animal.

"Don't look shocked I only studied cause I need to pass today's big math test or I'm gonna fail the year."
"Whatever you say" I said knowing very well that she only studied cause Paul is tutoring her in maths.

Karla and Paul have always been close and evidently Karla had started liking him a lot lately. She always plays with her hair when he's around and stares at him with her beautiful blue eyes.

"Hey guys."
"Oh hey Paul whats up?" I asked not even daring to take my eyes off Karla who was now blushing like an idiot.
"Hey Paul ,how's it going? "She said in such a girly voice Paul and I has to step back to keep our balance.
"Good " he said not sure what else to say. He turned to me
"Hey you written the test yet?" I shook my head still not able to speak.
Karla looked at me as if I had stolen her boyfriend or something. All I did was give her a look then walk away. Just to show her what happened when you assumed stupid things. Her and Paul would be left in an awkward situation.

I walked to the cafeteria where I found Sne hanging with a group of soccer players.
" Sne! "I called " can we talk?"
"Sure what's up?"
I decided to cut right to the point. "Do you have a crush on Paul ?"I could see the shock in her eyes .
"No!" She said " how could you think that? You of all people should know that will never happen!"
"It's just that I don't know how in three weeks Karla could change her mind about him. I mean I know he's the captain of the soccer team and he is kinda cute but he's such a player."
"Come on he's her friend "
"Exactly and I don't want her to be hart broken when she finds out who he really likes." I said .

I knew who he liked cause he had told me when I was the only one to show up at his house for a study session. Everyone else had been either sick or too busy to come.

"Who? spill! you know I won't tell anyone." Sne said on the edge of her seat.
"Isn't it obvious? " I asked. Not believing that she didn't know. I mean I tell her everything and I managed to not tell her this.
"No way!" She nearly screamed "it's you! "
"No never ever!" I nearly screamed as loud as she did" it's Micaela."

Micaela was the school's beauty queen and Sne was obviously not surprised to hear that.

At that very moment Micaela and her two friends,Danielle and Erin, walked in
"Speak of the devil "Sne said. Her and I hated them because they picked on us every chance they got just because we were friends with two of the most popular people in school.

"Nelly Sne I hope you two aren't scheming on how to keep me away from Paul because it is not going to work."
Did I mention that the "queen" speaks perfect English.
"We aren't " I said " and we don't need to you make him wanna stay away all by yourself."
And with that we stood up and left them threatening to throw things at us if we didn't come back. But that was as far as they would go after all they were goody two shoes.

We had maths now the assembly then English then home
We wrote our math test and evidently Karla and Paul hadn't gotten much studying done. She was sweating so bad people started opening the windows.

On our way to assembly we bumped into Paul and Sne

"Hey" Paul said " now have you written the test?" He asked half laughing.
"Yes" I answered laughing at how interested he was in knowing " why?"
"It was easy right?" He asked
"Ya, but I don't get how people say it was a hard test." I said with confusion on my face. 

During assembly Sne and I barley paid attention we were too busy.
The thing that caught our attention was when the principal said " due to financial difficulties we will be forced to shut down the school and all of you should have found new schools in two weeks time. Thank you that will be all.

I was so angry I told the teacher I didn't feel well and asked to call my mom.

"Hey you going" Karla asked
"Ya everything is being ruined and why? May I ask? Cause of financial difficulties that's why ." I nearly screamed this at her. And with that I went home.