The new school

"So," said Sne "what's been bothering you so much that you haven't spoken for much of our time here.

We were packing our bags and getting ready to leave and go to our grandmas house. I hadn't told Sne about what had happened that night at the party just yet. I took a deep breath in and started speaking.

"While Paul and I were dancing he said he liked me," I said in one breath. Words cannot describe how Sne looked at that exact moment.

"H...he said he likes you." She practically screamed.

"Shhh." I said." You don't want our dads to hear you. "

"So what did you say to him?" She asked excitedly. By now she had stopped packing and was looking at me with amusement in her eyes.

"I didn't get a chance to say anything. He just left after he told me that." I said truthfully.

"Oh well. Now you know who he likes. I really hope he can move on from you cause you two might never see each other ever again." That's what I like best about my BFF ( best female friend), she always understands me. "So you moving on, right?"

"Of course I am." I half screamed.

~~~~~~~~

After we arrived at our grandma, we went straight to our room to unpack. Sne and I were sharing a room Mlungu would have to join us because the other girls said they were too old to have her in their room. Obviously Ntokozo and Nothando shared a room. Then Mxolisi and Njabulo shared a room. And last Bandile and Siyanda shared a room. Grandma had said our cousins were out with their friends so it was just the three of us left at home. So we stayed there and Sne got to know our grandma and visa versa.

"So Snethemba, I've heard a lot about you but I would like to know why I never heard about you or why you never came to visit?" I was shocked at my grandmas question.

"Gran!"

"No it's fine Elly." That's what Sne's nickname for me was." My dad said he had a problem with Nelly's dad and hey were  fighting over something . So I only ever met my moms family."

"Oh I see." My gran said and she and Sne continued to chat while I went to our room to call m friend Lethu. He's a boy , who is about Mxolisi's age and we have been friends since we were children.

"Hello." Came his deep voice from the other end of the call.

"Hey." I said ."I am at my grandmas and you?"

"Shoot! Bitch beat me!" He cried out and I laughed.

"No need to cry, asshole." I said trying to calm down. By now you can tell what our friendship is like.

"Come on! How did you beat me? We left at the same time and were driving the same distance. I don't get it." He wined.

"Come on! Man up!"

"You know what? Fuck this." He said and I decided to tease him a bit.

"What? Fuck Me." I said with a smirk on my face it was so much fun messing with this guy .

"Nooooo. I didn't mean it that way." He groaned. I laughed.

"I'm just messing with you. Chill." I said. I heared him sigh

"Good. Well I've gotta go. Later N."

"Later L." Wow that guy never fails to make me smile.

*************

As I entered the kitchen the smell of steak just hit me in the face and it was too much to fight so I just gave in. Gran was at the stove. And Sne was peeling the potatoes. As I entered she stopped and moved away.