Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Calum ♥

"I thought I told you to back off?" I harshly whispered to Ashton, who was raging and sweating from all that action.

"But he kissed me! That little-"

"C'mon, don't pretend you're actually mad." He glanced at me, before shutting his eyes tight. "I know you don't hate Michael. Didn't you guys used to be good friends?"

"Yeah but that was before. People change, okay?"

I sighed and started walking back to the other two. "Just remember that feelings get across much easier when you're genuine about them."

I then told them to go to mine since I lived closer than Luke, and we headed back. No one was at home so it was dark – I poured them all some water and found the first aid kit for Luke. He sat Michael down and lightly dabbed at any open cuts, slowing down when he winced at the pain. Then he would stick down the plasters with a rub, and bandage with much determination, as if to make it perfect.

When he finished, I told them so stay for a bit (Ashton still hadn't apologised) but Luke seemed reluctant. Had our kiss meant nothing to him? "What's the rush? We don't have school tomorrow," I justified, to which Luke shook his head.

"I'd better go. Michael, let's go."

I couldn't let this go on. "Ash, why don't you take Michael home?" I asked out loud, watching Ashton's head zip round at lightning speed. I whispered, "You need to apologise and tell him how you really feel." He blinked and let out a small sigh. I knew he regretted hurting Michael, every time – but he couldn't control himself and didn't understand how feelings went. All he cared about when it came to relationships was sex and more sex.

"It's okay, you don't have to-" Michael began, only to get cut off by Ashton.

"No, it's fine. I'll take you back. I need to talk to you anyway."

With a small smile I watched them leave, and then realised that Luke was still there. "Do you need me to take you back?" I asked.

"I'm good. I'll see you... around."

"Will you be at school on Monday?" I asked with perhaps a bit too much neediness. He looked at me briefly.

"Maybe."

"Please come."

"Why? Nothing good ever comes out of going there."

I tried thinking of an excuse but couldn't, so I said the most truthful one. "I want to see you."

He seemed to be stuck in the mud because he wasn't moving. Should I have said that? "Not for the right reasons, you don't."

"I do. You don't get it."

He turned on his heel, getting something out of his pocket. "I'm leaving."

"Please, at least listen-"

"I can't, okay?! You need to stop before everything becomes one big mess. If you want to see me, either break up with my brother so I don't feel bad all the fucking time, or forget about me. I don't want to be caught between you two any longer." He opened my front door and let himself out, putting what appeared to be a cigarette in his mouth.

"Wait a second – you smoke?" I asked, following him out. He rolled his eyes and nodded, lighting it. "Since when?"

"Since last year."

"Do your parents let you?"

"Of course not, I only do it when they can't see me."

I don't know why but I felt so responsible. "Why do you do it?"

We both sat down on the front lawn, staring up at the sky. "Usually it's for when I'm super stressed or sad, but sometimes I just feel like it. It's surprisingly comforting. I know it's awful for me, but you don't think of that when you're actually doing it."

"I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"For everything."

He scoffed, taking a mouthful of smoke and evenly breathing it out.

"And I like you."

***

HE FINALLY SAID IT PEOPLE

So two options now... they could either get together now and live happily ever after, OR I could be mean and add in some other bits ;) I think you know which one I'll pick!

Vote+comment for a virtual 5sos leather jacket

Kimmy xx