Chapter 35

THIS PICTURE IS SO CUTE <3 Liz isn't mean, find out why in this chapter :))

Chapter 35

Luke 💕

I opened the front door, bashing the wall as I took off my shoes. "Luke? Luke, what's wrong?" mum called, coming out in to the hallway with a concerned look on her face. "Why are you crying honey?"

I sniffed and ignored her question, pushing past. Then, I thought she might want to know, so said, "Calum and I broke up."

She looked devastated – mortified even. "Oh Luke! What on earth happened? You two were so close!"

Why did she sound so sad? Surely she should've been ecstatic? "You should be happy! Isn't this what you wanted?" I cried, sobbing harder.

"No, no of course not! How could you think that?" she exclaimed, bringing me into her arms.

"But you k-kept making me hang out with Felicity," I stuttered, barely able to keep the tears from flowing.

"Oh darling... that's because I've always wanted a daughter. I wanted you boys to have a sister, and Felicity was perfect. Even though she could never be your blood sister, I thought she could be a sister figure. Why would I want you to split up with the person you love so much? Trust me Luke, that's the last thing I'd want to do."

She held me at arm's length and wiped away my tears with her thumbs, until I finally stopped crying. "Really?"

"Really. Now, go on upstairs. I'll make your favourite dish for dinner, okay?"

With one final sniff I nodded and went up, going straight past the guest room without even checking if Felicity was in there. I locked my door so no one could enter, and put my headphones on, blasting Pierce The Veil in attempt to drown out everything else.

After a few songs, I came to the conclusion that at school tomorrow, I had to apologise and get back together with Calum. I had a feeling that it wouldn't work quite as easily as that, though.

~

And I was right.

Calum came to school the next morning with sunken red eyes and dark circles, and his eyebrows appeared to be permanently fixed in a furrowed position.

"C-Calum? Listen, I'm sorry about what I said yesterday," I said softly, taking my seat next to him. He didn't look me in the eye. "Calum, please, can we get back together?"

"Not whilst that noob is still at your place," he replied briefly, pretending to get something from his bag.

"She has a name."

"Oh, so you're protecting her now?" He shook his head in disappointment. I opened my mouth to reply, but he cut me off by saying, "I'm not in the mood for this. You broke up with me, if you've forgotten already. It's probably better if you just stay away from me."

I frowned and watched him leave the classroom. Where was he going? The teacher hadn't even come to take the register yet. He was particularly grumpy and more easily irritated that morning... had our break up really affected him that deeply? I didn't know it would.

Michael came over looking all worried. "What happened...?"

"We broke up," I stated coldly, burying my head in my hands.

"How the fuck did that happen? You two are literally the most loved up couple in our whole year group!"

"It just did, okay? Now stop asking questions."

He held his hands up. "Jeez. Ashton, they broke up," he shouted to Ashton who was on the other side of the classroom.

"What?!"

"Guys, just stop," I said tiredly. They sighed in unison and let me be, sitting down in their seats and glancing over every now and then. I knew they were talking about us, and I had no idea what to do now.

My heart had shattered, and the only way to heal it was to receive love from someone.

And in my present state, I don't think it mattered who.

***

Fuck Luke lol

DOUBLE UPDATE TODAY!

Today's dedication goes to sincerlysara for voting so much! Thank you very much, I really appreciate it :))

Vote+comment for dedication/virtual 5sos lock

Kimmy xx