Chapter Four -

Chapter Four –

I had set three rules during the drive to Adrian’s apartment – and went over them in my head as we stepped into the elevator of one of the biggest of the hotels he owned. He lived in the penthouse.

1. No sleeping in the same room as Adrian Kingston. I was not that type of girl, I knew what he would get up to and most importantly; he was my boss.

2. No touching Adrian of any sort. Touching in his eyes would lead to something more. Something I didn’t want happening.

3. No staying longer than necessary. As soon I wake up; I would leave and make my way over to Amy’s house.

No you won't. A small voice laughed in my mind, but I frowned and ignored it as he unlocked the door to his penthouse suite.

“You know, since we are at a hotel, I could just stay in a separate room?” I suggested, biting my lip as the realisation hit me.

“No.” He stated bluntly, before dragging me over to a hallway and entering the second room on the right. I was met with a four-poster sized bed, a flat screen television that took up most of the wall across the bed, two doors – one that lead to an ensuite and another that was filled with clothing – and two bedside tables with lamps. “Is this where I’ll be staying?” I asked in awe as my eyes scanned the contents of the bedroom once again. It was the size of my entire apartment!

“This is where we’re staying This is my room.” Adrian smirked down at me as he pulled off his tie. I frowned and turned around to respond to him – only to find him making his way over to the walk-in wardrobe – where another two items of his clothing were pulled off his torso.

I cleared my throat and focused my vision on the peep-toe of my heels. “Adrian. I really think I should sleep in a separate room. To keep things professional, you know? I don’t want anybody getting the wrong idea…” I trailed off, blushing. The reality of the situation was that I didn’t want Adrian seeing me in the thing I have adapted too throughout the years – sleeping in nothing but my shirt and my underwear. Even in the coldest conditions – I had to sleep without any pants on or a bra.

“Nobody will find out. We’ll be fine.” His voice sounded from the room, coming out a bit muffled due to the distance in between us.

I let out a nervous laugh. “What I meant was… I’m not sure it’s the best idea because… you know…” I trailed off, unsure of what to use as a convincing excuse.

Adrian exited the room and threw a shirt and a pair of boxers at me with an amused expression. “No, I don’t. Care to enlighten me?” He asked as he raised an eyebrow. A smirk started forming on his lips as I clutched the clothing to my chest and opened my mouth to respond. “Is it because you’re planning on sleeping naked, Emily?” His voice dropped down to  husky whisper as he walked towards me, and I felt my back make contact with his bedroom wall as I unconsciously moved backwards.

“I-, no, o-of course not.” I stammered, my cheeks heating up under his gaze.

He chuckled. “Let me correct myself. Almost naked then? I really don’t mind.” He shrugged while his bottom lip stuck out in a careless pout as he stood directly in front of me. “It’ll be even.” He smirked again, and that’s when my vision trailed down to his shirtless torso and plaid pyjama bottoms. I was about to answer him, but he cut me off again. “Plus, less clothes, less work.” His smirk grew and my voice found itself again.

“I want my own room, please.” I glared, fighting the urge to look down at his body.

He chuckled and stepped away from me. “I was kidding. I would never do anything you don’t want. It’s only a matter of time before you do want it, though. I can guarantee you that. I can already see that you’re trying to resist me. Come on, you can get dressed in my walk-in.” He stated abruptly, ending the topic.