Chapter Eleven -

Chapter Eleven –

Amy had my suitcase packed the minute the words ‘I’m going to California for the weekend with Adrian’ left my mouth, while also managing to get the news to Molly and Claire in the process. She told me not to even go near the suitcase during the week – nor was I allowed to shuffle through the contents to see what exactly was stored in the navy coloured bag.

I sighed as the end of my working day was seconds away on the clock in Adrian’s – our – office, and I stared at the bag that contained my essentials for this weekend’s trip aimlessly, frowning slightly as images of what Amy may have packed appeared in my mind. What if she packed sweatshirts and sweatpants instead of normal clothing? Or what if she forgot to pack pyjamas or underwear?

“Shortcake.” Adrian’s deep, British accent sounded, pulling me out of my thoughts.

“Huh?” I asked, turning around to face him – only to find him standing next to me, looking down at me with a smirk. “It’s time to go.” He stated as I saw a flash of excitement pass through his hazel eyes.

“Right.” I mumbled, not as excited as he – or Amy – were about this trip. Amy had made a $100 bet with Molly about the fact that I wouldn’t sleep with Adrian this week end. Instead, she predicted that we would kiss. Molly agreed to this, but still believed that the kiss would lead to Adrian taking me into bed. I shook my head at both of their predictions and denied them both.

Not that the thought of kissing Adrian hasn’t been on my mind lately – but they didn’t need to know that.

“What time is the flight?” I asked as I got out of my seat and slung my bag over my shoulder. Adrian picked up my suitcase and began to drag it behind him, making me frown. “I can do it.” I told him, before trying to pry his firm grip away from the handle.

“It’s in an hour. We need to get there as soon as we can.” He told me, ignoring my failed attempt at trying to drag my own suitcase. “Do you have everything with you?” He asked, casting a sideways glance in my direction as he pressed the button for the elevator. I looked over at him and nodded before glancing around uneasily. People were staring – both curiously and menacingly.

“Ignore them.” Adrian murmured into my ear, suddenly closer to me than he was before. I looked up and met his hazel eyes before swallowing visibly and nodding, stepping into the elevator after him.

“We’re flying first class.” Adrian said once we reached the  car downstairs. I looked over to find him waggling his eyebrows at me and smirking, making me laugh.

“I still can’t believe you’re making me do this.” I muttered, glaring at him playfully.

He chuckled and wrapped an arm around my waist before handing my suitcase over to the driver to put in the back of the car. “Think of it as a business trip where you get to live with me for the week end and I get to see you in a sexy bikini. You did pack a bikini, right?” Adrian asked, looking at me with alarm.

I threw another glare in his direction before shrugging. “I don’t know.” I said truthfully.

Adrian gave me a funny look. “What do you mean you don’t know?” He asked, frowning slightly in confusion.

The car began to move as I gave him an uneasy smile. “I didn’t pack my bag. My… friend did. So I’m warning you in advanced that if you see me in anything weird, it’s not my doing!” I exclaimed, begin to blush slightly at the mental image of me walking around in a tracksuit in melting temperatures.

Adrian chuckled before smirking down at me. “I hope your friend packed some sexy lingerie.” He said, before avoiding my swat to the head with a chuckle. I rolled my eyes and smiled slightly, secretly excited to go to California for the first time.