15. Lies

"Hayden." Amanda spoke quietly as she looked at her girlfriend do her homework.

"Hm." Hayden hummed without looking up from her homework.

"Hayden." This time Amanda spoke a little loud which made Hayden look up and she saw Amanda frown at her. "I'm sorry. What?"

"I've got something to tell you." Amanda spoke with a sigh as Hayden now had all her attention on her girlfriend.

"What is it?" Hayden asked and Amanda sighed heavily before she bowed her head down.

"Come on, you can tell me anything." Hayden went over to Amanda, who was sitting on Hayden's bed, and placed her hand on Amanda's.

Amanda looked up at Hayden with teary eyes and Hayden couldn't help but to wipe them away. "Why are you crying? Did someone hurt you? If someone did, I'm gonna-"

Hayden was cut off by Amanda's small laughter, which made Hayden smile as well.

"You look better with a smile." Hayden spoke which made Amanda blush, "Now tell me, why are you crying?"

Amanda contemplated if she should tell Hayden or not and, in the end, she decided on not telling Hayden about moving away.

"It's nothing." Amanda spoke which made Hayden frown at her.

"I don't believe you." Hayden spoke with squinted eyes and Amanda smiled lovingly at her. Amanda was already hating herself because of what she was going to do next.

"We have to break up."

It was like Hayden had been struck with lightening when she heard what Amanda had said but then she tried to convince herself that maybe she had heard wrong, "What?"

"We have to break up, Hayden." Amanda repeated which made Hayden frown.

"No."

"Hayden, I'm not giving you a choice. I'm saying that we need to break up."

"No!" Hayden stood up from the bed with her eyebrows connected. She couldn't believe that Amanda was breaking up with her. Everything in her knew that there was nothing wrong with her but her insecurities spoke louder.

"Hayden, please. Don't make this harder." Amanda stood up as well and tried to reach out to the other girl, who backed away from her.

"Is it me? Is there something wrong with me, which made you come to this decision?" Hayden spoke on the verge of tears. Amanda quickly shook her head, with tears welling up in her eyes as well.

"Then why?" Hayden broke out into tears of sadness while Amanda took her into her arms, wrapping Hayden into her tight embrace. "I'm sorry."

Hayden cried softly in Amanda's embrace as the other girl tightened her hold on Hayden, not wanting to let go but she had to.

The two lovers stood embracing each other in the bright light of the room as both of their tears conveyed their sadness.

.........................................................................................

Zeke and Jordan didn't talk to me after that time in the hallway and it had been a week, Claire was beginning to see that I was keeping something from her. Every time she tried to talk to me about what I was thinking about, I'd change the topic and I could sense that she was getting frustrated because of me.