23. Forgiveness Is Freedom

"Well, this is boring." Kyle whispered as he kept changing the TV channels. He and I were sitting on the sofa with Claire on my other side. Clayton and Josh were on the carpet whispering things in each other's ears. Jordan and Amanda were in the kitchen making snacks while Zeke sat on the recliner with his phone in his hands, staring at it as if it would come to life.

Claire was snuggling up to me with a small cute smile which made me want to desperately kiss her but the excess of people in the room made me think otherwise.

"You're so damn cute." I whispered while kissing her nose, she smiled at me before doing the same. Kyle gagged from beside me and I elbowed him in the stomach making him groan before gagging again. Claire was giggling the whole time.

She's such a unique girl. One moment she's confident and the other she's shy, she's the cutest person in the world but sometime she becomes a demon. She's just so different and I love all of her differences so much.

"What?" Claire giggled at me and I smiled lovingly at her before pecking her forehead. "Nothing, just thinking about how much I love you."

She blushed before she hid her face in my neck making me laugh at her. My eyes averted to the boy that was sitting on the recliner, but this time he had his eyes on Claire and I. When I looked at him, he immediately went back to his phone with his eyes getting a bit glassy.

Claire saw me looking at Zeke and she sighed while staring up at me. "Go apologize to him." I looked at her before looking back at him.

"But he called you the 'b' word and even touched you." I whined quietly to which she laughed before cupping my cheek. Kyle gagged once again and I elbowed him once again making him quiet down.

"Well, I forgave him. You should too." Claire spoke after giggling at Kyle and I. I shook my head stubbornly with a frown.

Claire sighed before her eyes went towards Jordan and Amanda who entered the living room with two bowls of popcorn and cans of cola. "I forgave Amanda and she kissed you. Can't you do the same for me?" I frowned as I looked at her.

Well, she did have a point. I did kiss Amanda back and Claire did forgive her, after a lot of cursing and fighting that is.

"And besides, Zeke wasn't always this way. He was a really great friend when we weren't dating." Claire spoke with a sigh as she looked at Zeke with a distant look in her eyes.

Hah, I should do it for her. If it makes her happy.

"Hey, Zeke." I spoke up and immediately everyone looked at me. Nosy people.

"Um, I'm sorry for punching you and breaking your nose." I mumbled loud enough for him to hear me.

He squinted his eyes at me before he frowned. "You punched me three times and you even tried to break my jaw and gave me a black eye." Well, now that he is listing things off. I do feel a little guilty. Oh, who am I kidding, he deserved all that.

"You deserved it. You called Claire a bitch and you tried to touch her."

"Are you apologizing because she told you to?" He pointed at Claire before laughing. "Wow, you're whipped." I clenched my jaw tightly before I stood up.

"At least I'm apologizing, you dick."

"Hayden, please sit back down." Claire stood beside me and began to make me sit back down on the sofa. I sat down with a huff and Claire sat down beside me.

"You're like a dog. So obedient." Zeke laughed and in a second Claire was standing up again with a glare directed towards Zeke.

"Enough. What happened to you?" She spoke as she looked at Zeke with a look that I could clearly understand. That was the same look Kyle gave me when I shut him out.