Chapter 2

Amara

I was glad that Kason agreed to father my baby. I had been doing a lot of research to prepare for getting pregnant. One of those things was getting a check up to make sure we were both healthy. I made an appointment with a fertility doctor for Kason to get his sperm count checked. I know it may be extreme but I wanted to make sure we were in the clear to have a baby. I managed to tricked him into thinking the appointment was for me. Although I had already had mine last week. Because I knew how much he hated getting checkups that weren't boxing related. Which is why he was glaring at me like a little kid that couldn't get dessert.

"Will you stop looking at me like that?"

"No, why are we even doing this?" He asked as we sat in the waiting room. I watched him as he filled out the paperwork the receptionist handed him when we checked in.

"We're making sure everything is okay for us to have a baby."

"I'm pretty sure my boys and I are fine Amara." he said with a huff

"We can never be too sure Kace." A few minutes later the nurse called his name. Instead of sitting in the waiting room until he finished with his sample as I had planned he pulled me up to go with him. Telling the nurse that his lovely wife was his motivation. Once she gave him instructions and pointed to where we would go to speak with the doctor I smacked him.

"Hey if I'm going to suffer through this you're going to have to make it enjoyable for me."

"I'm not helping you jack off."

"You in that dress is helping enough baby girl."

"I told you to stop calling me that."

"Us arguing is not helping."

"Fine, what do you need me to do?"

"Remember that one night on the balcony of my penthouse." He said smiling at me.

"We are not having sex right now," I said glaring at him.

"No bend over and I'll visualize the rest." I held in my comeback and did as he asked, once he finished he came up behind me.

"Sure I can't change your mind?"

"Forget about it Kason." I stood up straight and left him to readjust himself. When he was ready we walked over to the exam room and waited for the doctor.

"I'm positive that you will get pregnant after our first or second try, extra rounds will be for insurance."

"What do you mean 'extra rounds'?" I asked him confused about what he was trying to imply.

"You do know where babies come from right Mara?" he asked me as if I were stupid.

"Of course I do I'm a -oh my god." I put my face in my hands realizing what he meant.

"What, we've done it before. I see no problem with us doing it now. It makes since for us to have sex because the goal is to get you pregnant."

"Kason we are not having sex to get me pregnant."

"Then how else will you get pregnant."

"The doctor will take your sperm and insert it with a syringe, no sex required."

"You're correct Dr. Simms, hi I'm Dr. Carter and you must be Mr. Miller."

"Wouldn't it be easier to have sex. It's what got both of us here and it seems like a much easier process. And more enjoyable for everybody." He said to the doctor ignoring my glare.