The Counselling Session

Maya's POV

"Ugh."

I squinted my eyes as I tried to open them, battling with my vision due to the light streaming through the pathetic curtains, that may as well not have been closed. Wait... Closed?

I didn't close my curtains, did I? I sat up quickly. 

I looked down to my feet and wiggled my toes, just seeing my socks. No shoes. I swear to God I didn't take those off! 

I looked past my feet to my footboard and saw my... jacket?

I snapped my head down to look at my torso, seeing only my white top from yesterday. No jacket.

I didn't take that off! I swear I didn't! Did someone else? No. That's impossible, there's nobody else...

GHOSTS.

But I thought most of them were bitches... why would I have a guardian angel?

I shook my head, standing up and walking over to the one box of clothes I had until the moving men came.

"Must've been Chad..." I muttered as I leafed through them.

Tate's POV

It's not like ghosts can sleep, but I sure as hell paid a lot more attention than I had been doing when I heard Maya stir. My head snapped round to find her sat up and looking in confusion at her curtains, her feet, and finally her jacket.

Chad was right... she's definitely not stupid.

She shook her head and threw her legs over the side of the bed to stand up. I dove to the floor to avoid getting kicked, and luckily I was fast enough.

I watched her walk over to this battered old box, opening it to find a few outfits- presumably for school.

"Must've been Chad..." I heard her mutter.

Wait... Back the fuck up! CHAD? CHAD? She thought it was Chad? I scowled at how he was managing to steal my glory without even being here. For fuck sake he's gay and he's already hogging all the girls!

But Tate... to be fair... He's the only ghosts she's met so far...

I rolled my eyes at the reasonable voice in my head. I had half a mind not to listen to it. It was the voice that had been distracting me all the fucking time when I shot up Westfield. "You shouldn't do it, Tate. Don't do it. It won't end well." I shook my head at the memory. To be fair... it had been right though...

I shook the thoughts out of my head when I heard a hushed "ah-ha", and turned to Maya to see her holding up what I presumed to be today's outfit. It fit her style. Simple. She threw the black jeans on the bed and threw her blue sleeved white baseball top on top of them. Then her hands travelled to the hem of her shirt. Oh shit she's undressing.

I quickly turned around, eyes covered for good measure. 

Well fucking yeah she's changing Tate... That's kind of what you do every morning.

I mentally slapped myself at the thought. I daren't look back around to see if she was finished, so I just watched out of the corner of my eye for yesterday's outfit being thrown onto the bed. When the jeans and the baseball top had been picked up a good forty seconds ago, and when I heard the whining grunts that I think all girls go through when they put on jeans, I turned back around. My hand was still over my eyes, of course, as I squinted out between my fingers.

I sighed as I saw Maya opening the curtains, thankfully fully dressed. That could have been awkward. Not that I'd have minded seeing... Honestly I don't know why I looked away- usually I'm quite forthright about that sort of thing... Maybe it's because she's so innocent. Yeah... let's go with that.