Chapter 2: The start

Mme. Harper's POV
This whole journey started one day in January. January 5th, to be exact. The day my family fell apart. The day my worst nightmare came to life.

I am the teacher. I teach this very unfortunate class. I feel horrible for them, because they are so young. They are surprisingly strong and strong willed, though, so they are very well off.

My husband had started to abuse me and my two daughters for years, but the night of January 5th, it got so bad I called the police. This situation wasn't healthy for me or my kids. Especially my kids.

I went to my job at the school the next day, but it was clear that the changes in my appearance didn't go unnoticed by my students. The air was tense as soon as I walked in. I knew that my eyes had bags under them. I knew that my body was bruised, and that my clothing selections wasn't my normal.

When I got to school the next day, I told my boss about my family problems. She was sympathetic, and she understood. I asked her not to tell anyone else if she didn't have to, and she said she wouldn't. The school is a good environment. That was the start, but nowhere near the end.

A/N: New chapter! Vote and comment suggestions, predictions and thoughts please.

#Frenchies