Chapter 8

Mackenzie's POV
Today Mme Harper is back. She said that she is in remission and is very proud of us. It is an amazing day. We played games pretty much everything we had her. Productive? Not a chance. But we just needed time for us, and I think she say that.

~

It's the next day, and we are back at it in Social Studies. We are doing social studies when someone knocks at the door. We all look up to see Gabby and Jen! We have a double with Mme Harper, so as the bell goes I look to Mme Harper as if to say 'Can we?'. She nods, and many of us go up to go see them.

"Periode de jeu(games period)," days Mme Harper.

"Who's playing Spoons?" Asked Sandra.

Many people said they were, including me.

Mme Harper's POV
I walk over to Gabby and Jen.

"I'm Mme Harper," I said, offering my hand for them to shake.

"I'm Jen," says Jen, shaking my hand.

"I'm Gabby," Gabby says, shaking my hand.

Gabby seems shy.

"I told them they could have a games period," I said.

"Oh," said Gabby.

"Gabby, Jen, do you want to play Spoons?" Asked Maria.

Jen looked at me to see if I cared.

"Be my guest. But don't say I didn't warn you, they are crazy when they play Spoons," I said.

"They're crazy all the time. We'll play," Jen said.

Jen's POV
I said we'll play because Gabby is shy and I'm helping her put her self out there.

Mackenzie's POV
We had so much fun playing Spoons with Gabby and Jen. I'm happy they stopped in.

~

Today we are having a big party. Jen, Gabby, Mme Mackillop and our class is there. It was a lot of fun. There was singing and dancing and it was awesome.

I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.